Anyone using XMRO on a Mac?

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
Anyone using XM Radio Online with a Mac? If so have you had any luck *without using Windows Media Player 9? I'm trying to avoid installing, but I may not have a choice.
I've tried Flip4Mac. No luck.
Thanks, Don

dont24 said:
Anyone using XM Radio Online with a Mac? If so have you had any luck *without using Windows Media Player 9? I'm trying to avoid installing, but I may not have a choice.
I've tried Flip4Mac. No luck.
Thanks, Don

Yes... I have in the past. I thought it was just a web browser issue. I was using firefox, but if I remember right, if you use the latest IE for mac and have media player, it should work.

For now, WMP 9 Mac is necessary for XMRO on the Mac.

However - I have already requested Flip4Mac work on this issue, and they have started to add limited live streaming support in the newest (2.0.1) version of their player. So I would assume that they will eventually support XMRO, as Microsoft recently announced they are officially discontinuing WMP 9 in favor of distributing Flip4Mac instead. (This also means that XM should be encouraged to make any changes they need to, in order for Flip4Mac to work.)

If you want to add to the demand for XMRO support, just go to Flip4Mac.com and post on the support forums.

jegrant said:
For now, WMP 9 Mac is necessary for XMRO on the Mac.

However - I have already requested Flip4Mac work on this issue, and they have started to add limited live streaming support in the newest (2.0.1) version of their player. So I would assume that they will eventually support XMRO, as Microsoft recently announced they are officially discontinuing WMP 9 in favor of distributing Flip4Mac instead. (This also means that XM should be encouraged to make any changes they need to, in order for Flip4Mac to work.)

If you want to add to the demand for XMRO support, just go to Flip4Mac.com and post on the support forums.

Will do. Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)