Anyone want a 26' dish? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
I was talking with a friend tonight who is big into ham radio. I was talking a little bit about FTA and he told me (a little bit tongue-in-cheek) where I could get a 26 footer. It seems a member of the local ham community had a 26 foot dish for the purpose of Earth-Moon-Earth communication. I had never heard of this, but it seems pretty interesting. I hope to go get some pictures soon.

There used to be a guy at Satforums that went by the name of 26Footdish. Had a 26 foot dish in his yard.:eek:

oh, FEET !
I thought you asked if anyone wanted a twenty-six INCH dish!
My buddy has one.
It's a very old DishNetwork dish; looks just like the 18 inch model, logo and all.
It'd get a little bit of FTA, probably better than the guys with their 20 and 22 inch dishes. ;)

I'm so disappointed. - :D

Could be my neighbor he has a 26' footer and is big into ham radio.
I don't think he uses the 10' dish in the foreground as it's pointed NE.

Talk about P____ envy, ER make that dish envy.

Hope this don't come through twice. First time did not post.

Attachments

• IMGP0556.JPG
    IMGP0556.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 341

If I had a neighbor like that I'd make it my business to know what he's up to. Guess he takes his S2 reliability seriously. :rolleyes:

Hope this don't come through twice. First time did not post.

Can't be the same person. It's too flat around here. I have topographical envy, now.;)

Laugh it up! :eek: But that's how the Formula One teams get to fly-away races...
... with all their cars and equipment!
Well, they use DHL, but same idea. :rolleyes:

Hey now! That hardly seems fair! :)

I agree. Perhaps the fact that it could double as a swimming pool would help sway her decision.
And no rain fade!
And I might be able to rent it out to local skaters sometimes :)

I better back up here...
I don't think the one I posted on was 26'... so we may be talking about 2 different dishes... when I saw your location I just put the 2 together...
Where is the 26' located?

i am sure his s2 is very reliable..LOL..you would need a manlift or crane to adjust the feedhorn LOL...I thought my 10' step ladder was bad enough.

I better back up here...
I don't think the one I posted on was 26'... so we may be talking about 2 different dishes... when I saw your location I just put the 2 together...
Where is the 26' located?

I'm in East Memphis although I think the dish was in the Covington area? I'll have to check with my ham friend. I'd like to go see it in person and show my wife just how bad it could be :)

Ok, then you aren't far from the one I posted on. It is on Peterson Lake Rd off of Poplar in Collierville. Across from Collierville Presbyterian Church... I've stood and stared at the thing several times...
It's mounted on the same pivot/actuator as a mobile radar unit... wish I could get hold of the folks that own the thing - just curiosity...

Ok, then you aren't far from the one I posted on. It is on Peterson Lake Rd off of Poplar in Collierville. Across from Collierville Presbyterian Church... I've stood and stared at the thing several times...
It's mounted on the same pivot/actuator as a mobile radar unit... wish I could get hold of the folks that own the thing - just curiosity...

I'm going to have to drive by and check that thing out.
I just emailed my friend to see if he can get me the location of the other dish. I think that he told me the owner had recently passed away but I could be mixing up stories.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts