Anyone Want to Sell Their Roku?

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Can you have one subscription working on two Rokus?

Yes. On the Roku "My Account" screen, you will see the 1sr one listed. Below that is a box for the next one, with a box that says "Link". All you do is click on that and enter the "code" and the Roku is linked and all the channels that you subscribed to will be downloaded.

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
No. I have three roku boxes on my Roku account. HBO Go through Dish requires you log in the boxes individually. It is the only app I use that doesn't automatically take care of all the boxes when you add an app to your Roku Account. Again in the HBO Go app Dish allows a maximum of 5 devices at one time and you have to log them in each every month.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Doesn't that mean it does IP address checking to ensure you're not "spreading the wealth?"

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Well, with HBO Go I know they don't because I went to my brother's house where he has a Roku. While I was there I activated his Roku on my HBO Go account and had no issues. Of course when I left a week later I did not "deactivate". I was able to use my two Rokus and he was able to use his for the rest of the month when the unit asked to be logged in again. I did not reactivate his unit. No cheating. But remember there is a 5 device limit for HBO Go on Dish. That includes mobile and game devices.

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2003
Well I wound up ordering a refurb directly from Roku today since I didn't receive any offers that were worth taking here. FWIW, I have also owned a Vudu and AppleTV in the past and I prefer the Roku much more.

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
I went to a local BJ's Wholesale Club and bought a XS for $90. It came with the game remote. I would have had to buy one for the XD that I got from Dish, so I figure it actually only cost me about $50.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I went to a local BJ's Wholesale Club and bought a XS for $90. It came with the game remote. I would have had to buy one for the XD that I got from Dish, so I figure it actually only cost me about $50.

Damn, if only I could get my wife to buy that logic. :)

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Well I wound up ordering a refurb directly from Roku today since I didn't receive any offers that were worth taking here. FWIW, I have also owned a Vudu and AppleTV in the past and I prefer the Roku much more.
woot.com runs deals on ROKUs once in awhile

Juan

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
Just an FYI: if you subscribe to HBO and Cinemax through Dish, they have channels on the Roku that you can stream from (HBO GO & Max Go) which is a nice perk. Showtime has one also but it's a joke.
dont forget epix

AJF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 5, 2003
Oh yea forgot about EPIX! There's Crackle too but the ads get a bit annoying for me. Anyway my Roku is on the way, thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)