Anyone want to try explain Celtic's trade logic?

I realize Perk isn't a naturally happy dude, but couldn't he even try a fake smile at the the new team photo shoot? Geesh. He looks so sad....

sadperk.jpg
Jeez, you would think he got shipped to Cleveland instead!! ;)

If he really wanted to stay in Boston, he should have signed his contract extension...

You do realize that I made my post before Peter May's article was published online? You wouldn't over look something like that, would you?

AND how do we know someone else didn't say the same thing....apparently it most Celtics fans think alike based on your quote and the writers article.

The Celtics just signed Troy Murphy, which means that the Heat don't get him. This is the kind of side benefit that the Red Sox get to enjoy every time they sign someone who might otherwise have helped the Yankees.

I've never studied Murphy's game, but the numbers show he's played 30 minutes a game for nine years and has averaged over ten rebounds a game five times, so he is a fundamentally sound grunt, which is what the Celtics need. Unfortunately, he has averaged only half a block a game, which is as poor an average as Kristic's. Well, if he were any better than that, then realistically, he wouldn't have been available for the veteran minimum salary. Shaq is supposed to be back for the Phoenix game.

The Celtics just signed Troy Murphy, which means that the Heat don't get him. This is the kind of side benefit that the Red Sox get to enjoy every time they sign someone who might otherwise have helped the Yankees.

I've never studied Murphy's game, but the numbers show he's played 30 minutes a game for nine years and has averaged over ten rebounds a game five times, so he is a fundamentally sound grunt, which is what the Celtics need. Unfortunately, he has averaged only half a block a game, which is as poor an average as Kristic's. Well, if he were any better than that, then realistically, he wouldn't have been available for the veteran minimum salary. Shaq is supposed to be back for the Phoenix game.

Wow....nice pick up Mike. I know I had read he was all in with the Celtics until he saw the trade and was hesitant due to possible playing time. He might have a little better chance of winning it all with the Celtics, but he will get less playing time.

Oh well....

Looks like the HEAT got a little closer to signing Bibby.

Miami Heat expect to sign Mike Bibby, cut Carlos Arroyo loose - ESPN