Anyone watching Dr. Dish ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
I caught some of Dr. Dish programming in the early hour of the morning yesterday, I wish I could've stayed up because they were reviewing new products and products awarded at CABSAT.

KAON PASSION ... Latest and Greatest HD FTA Receiver from Kaon in Korea.
They were showing menus and all the cosmetic stuff , but I was sleepy dozing off and on.

Wait this sounds familiar ...... Fortec Passion HD

Ok ......... this is promising........ I hope the hype is a everything we want and more.

DR. Dish is on PAS 3R ( Intelsat 3R ) 43.0 West 12050 H 23.700

Now is this sat at 43 or 43.1?
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=92348&highlight=best+universal+lnb says 43.1 and Lyngsat if you click the sat name it actually says 43.1, but on the main atlantic page, lyngsat just groups it at 43.0. But, Mike at Global-CM.net has it at 43.0 also. I was gonna attempt to hit this bird the other night but I was getting very erratic signal info (I'm in SW michigan)

either or. Its the same satellite.

I'll see if I can get to it without an issue :)

is the signal up 24/7?

OMG!!!! That transponder carries "Veneto Free Channel"!!!! Can't understand a word they are saying, but my eyes must be playing tricks on me! Whew! I'm goin' to need glasses after seeing that! Nuff said.

OMG!!!! That transponder carries "Veneto Free Channel"!!!! Can't understand a word they are saying, but my eyes must be playing tricks on me! Whew! I'm goin' to need glasses after seeing that! Nuff said.

LOL ......... Yeah it's been there for awhile.

Some nights are better than others , and one of the other Italian channels ( can't remember right now ) , has 2 female :shocked :shocked hosts selling play toys , they do product testing on the air :eek:

I gotta admit these are the most informative infomercials I have seen since the late night ........... SET IT AND FORGET Rotisserie Oven.

can't get it here :(

can lock it but 63/64 on Coolsat (not enough to bring in)
That isn't promising for me in Phoenix...

Not that it's going to keep me from trying :D . I could lock 45W which is about 10° elevation with my 5' BUD. I think if I get a 75E dish up high enough to clear my fence I might just make 43W.

Some nights are better than others , and one of the other Italian channels ( can't remember right now ) , has 2 female :shocked :shocked hosts selling play toys , they do product testing on the air :eek:

...Running outside now to try desperately to clear a couple of oak trees behind my property. If I can't, its time for the chainsaw....

That's pretty low.........I'm guessing from here (Canada, right on the Minnesota border) it'd be even lower...........I'd think the further south and east you are the easier it would be?

I am not sure on the elevation, it is pointing very low. I just hit it with my motor. As for the surroundings, it is not flat, trees, houses, etc. 43w is the farthest east I can hit from where my motor is located. If I can find a clearing I am going for 30w when the weather gets nice. Oh, I am using an 80cm dish on a motor for 43w. On my Fortec I get 46-53% which is about the same as the low tp on G10.

Success! I've locked 43W from my back yard (8.7° elevation!).

For me this is one touchy bird! You either have it or you don't. Dr. dish coming in at at 64-66 which is just so barely above the thershhold for being viewable on the Coolsat.

I found 11.956 to be easier to find - showing about 70% on the Coolsat's meter.

Now I just need to find a permanent spot to put a 43w dish...

Last edited:
Hmmm.........I don't think I have a clear line of sight that low on the horizon..........I might try it with my 1m when I get done all the spring yard work etc. just for fun. Perhaps when I get a place in the country.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)