Anyone with 811 and locals around Atlanta?

redneck1210

Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
I'm trying to get some advice on antenna selection. The jist is that I live about 45 miles from Atlanta and I need a UHF antenna. I live in Winder so if any of you guys could offer any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I can post my antenna web results if needed.

I am in Dacula/Hoschton. Try the Channelmaster 3671 0r 3020 Both are UHF/VHF. Some people have luck with the 4228 UHF only since WXIA is VHF at channel 13 it is close enough to the spectrum. I use a Radio Shack VU-160 with a amp and it works well.
Welcome to the Forum...
Take a lok at antennaweb.org for recomnedations as well as antennasdirect.com
or hdtvoice.com

redneck1210 said:
I'm trying to get some advice on antenna selection. The jist is that I live about 45 miles from Atlanta and I need a UHF antenna. I live in Winder so if any of you guys could offer any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I can post my antenna web results if needed.
I also live about that far away from Atlanta. I live in the Carrollton/Villa Rica area. I am using the Channel Master 3020 and it does an excellent job. I get everything including Pax and PBS.
Do a nextag or Amazon search on the 3020 and then take it to Lowe's like I did and have them match the price.

I use a Winegard 9095P UHF antenna with a Winegard AP-8700 pre-amp. I receive DTV signals for ABC, FOX, NBC, TBS-17, CBS, WB-36, UPN-69, WHSG-63, and WTHC-42 ("The Atlanta Channel"). I live in Stone Mountain and get between 80% and 96% on all DTV channels, except 42 (I get 65%).

I do not pick up the DTV signal of PAX because they are about 120 degrees in the wrong direction. As an experiment, I hooked up an indoor UHF antenna and did receive PAX's DTV signal.

I am awaiting the delivery of Sony's new KD-34XBR960 TV with built-in HD tuner to see if I can pick up additional DTV channels (from Macon).

I'm right in the middle of downtown Atlanta and most of the local HD channels are unwatchable due to multipath ghosting.

Well I'm in Norcross and have had some success with the Silver Sensor - and this is even from my basement directly connected to the SS. I'm going to install an antenna on the roof as my attic won't easily allow an antenna to be placed inside.

I am using the Channel Master 3020 antenna as well with the 811 but have noticed lately that a few of the channels are having the 49% ERROR. I think that those signals have gotten weaker lately. Where is yours mounted, attic or on roof...

BC

Fox Signal Strength

I have an 811 and I just got my CM Stealth with the pre-amp semi-set up. It's laying on the floor of my attic right now.

I can get 85%+ for all networks but Fox (WAGA), which seems capped at 49% and will not lock.

Has anyone else noticed a weaker signal from Fox?

Also, is there an optimal place for the power supply for the pre-amp? I could put it close to the tv, close to the antenna or mid-stream.

Thanks.

Michael M said:
I have an 811 and I just got my CM Stealth with the pre-amp semi-set up. It's laying on the floor of my attic right now.

I can get 85%+ for all networks but Fox (WAGA), which seems capped at 49% and will not lock.

Has anyone else noticed a weaker signal from Fox?

Also, is there an optimal place for the power supply for the pre-amp? I could put it close to the tv, close to the antenna or mid-stream.

Thanks.
try turning the antenna a bit. Where in Atlanta are you? 49% is a symptom of multipath.
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/ahdtv/
This sight deals with Atlanta reception issues..

bdcleav said:
I am using the Channel Master 3020 antenna as well with the 811 but have noticed lately that a few of the channels are having the 49% ERROR. I think that those signals have gotten weaker lately. Where is yours mounted, attic or on roof...

BC
49% is a multi-path issue. More than likely seasonal. Where are you located?

Again go here for reception question regarding Atlanta and the suburbs.

Kevinw said:
try turning the antenna a bit. Where in Atlanta are you? 49% is a symptom of multipath.
This sight deals with Atlanta reception issues..

I'm in Roswell, 20 miles north of all the towers and according to AntennaWeb, they are all 175-180 degrees from me. I'll play with antenna location/direction. I posted my question on the Yahoo board as well.

Thanks.

Michael M said:
I'm in Roswell, 20 miles north of all the towers and according to AntennaWeb, they are all 175-180 degrees from me. I'll play with antenna location/direction. I posted my question on the Yahoo board as well.

Thanks.
Try aiming down the center, I use a compas or my kids yelling "Dad, we have a picture." :D If you are using a pre-amp, try with out it also.
at 20 miles you could be overloading the signal .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)