Anyone with a 722k,, please respond, I need HELP!!

bumblebee8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
About a month ago I went from a 622 to the 722k paid the upgrade fee of $125, I'm thinking bad mistake right now but I hope some of you guys might can help me. The first 722k worked great for about 2 weeks without a flaw, then it started throwing the 002 message on the screen about 15 or 20 times a day, not a cloud in the sky, clear as a bell, no trees in the way, called dish and they sent a tech out, he didn't go outside and check anything, checked the wiring inside and said I was getting a good signal, gets up goes to his truck and comes back with a new 772k. I thought oh no, I will lose all my recording but I guess it will be worth it to solve this problem. Guess what tonight that 722k that I've had for eight days now started doing the same thing only worse, we were watching a movie I recorded and it would throw that 002 message up every 5 minutes so we quit trying to watch the recording and went to live tv and it is doing the same thing. Has anyone with a 772k had this problem?? If so how was it corrected? I had a 622 since they came out and never had this problem. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Bumblebee8

Do you have the OTA module?
If you do make sure you are not tuned to a weak OTA station because that will cause the 002 error message.

Do you have the OTA module?
If you do make sure you are not tuned to a weak OTA station because that will cause the 002 error message.

I do have the OTA tuner, but have not watched our locals OTA since ours went HD. The problem does not seem to be OTA but on recorded and satellite channels.

As stated. Just for the sake of trouble shooting. Make sure the other feed is not tuned to an OTA channel. How do you have it set up? Single or Dual mode? If the unwatched feed is tuned to an OTA channel, although unwatched, will flake out the other source if it loses it's signal. Even if it only lasts for a second.

As stated. Just for the sake of trouble shooting. Make sure the other feed is not tuned to an OTA channel. How do you have it set up? Single or Dual mode? If the unwatched feed is tuned to an OTA channel, although unwatched, will flake out the other source if it loses it's signal. Even if it only lasts for a second.

It is set up for single mode.

Push PIP on the remote.

Then SWAP

Change the channel to 105

Press PIP on the remote again

Then swap again.

The problem should now be gone. :)

nope. it happens with all ViP receivers that have an OTA. I don't know why dish hasn't bothered to fix this yet. It's been a problem for YEARS!! It's not even listed in the dish KRI (Known Receiver Issues) for techs, so unless a tech heard about it here (or from another tech that heard about it here) they won't know whats wrong. Scott: Does dish even admit this is a problem, and why hasn't something that seems like such a simple software fix been fixed yet??

The first 722k worked great for about 2 weeks without a flaw, then it started throwing the 002 message on the screen about 15 or 20 times a day, not a cloud in the sky, clear as a bell, no trees in the way, called dish
Yes, I've seen it too often and in the same circumstances, blue sky, not a cloud to be seen. In my case, I've seen BLANK values for the satellite, transponder, and channel # on that "002" screen. Calling Dish was a waste of time as the tech seemed to have an attitude.... He basically said that if it's not happening as I was talking to him, they'll do nothing.
Has anyone with a 772k had this problem?? If so how was it corrected?
We, the users, can't correct it. It's a software flaw.

Push PIP on the remote.

Then SWAP

Then swap again.

First, that only works in Single Mode. What about Dual Mode ? If you're gonna say, "go to the other TV and tune to ch 105", what happens when someone wants to use the other TV to watch something ?

Push PIP on the remote.

Then SWAP

Then swap again.

Scott, thank you for the info, I will give this a try and get back to you, it has been so bad for this to happen so many times with two new receivers. The tech that put in the new 772k last week just left my house and all he did was replace the separator, I really felt sorry for him as he didn't know much more than I did, he left and 15 minutes later it started doing the same thing. I'm at my wits end. Hope your solution works.

bumblebee8

Push PIP on the remote.

Then SWAP

Then swap again.

Scott, I tried the above and it didn't work, I disconnected my OTA antenna and since I have had no problem, no 002 message, works perfectly. This has defeated my purpose in getting the 722k as I wanted it for extra recordings. But I do think the problem has something to do with the OTA tuners or my antenna.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Scott, I tried the above and it didn't work, I disconnected my OTA antenna and since I have had no problem, no 002 message, works perfectly. This has defeated my purpose in getting the 722k as I wanted it for extra recordings. But I do think the problem has something to do with the OTA tuners or my antenna.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Try going into the scan locals screen and remove any of the weaker channels. Alternatively, get a higher gain antenna, or relocate it for a better signal. The problem seems to come from the receiver thinking it's lost it's satellite signal just because it lost whatever OTA channel it was last set to. Also, try leaving the OTA tuners set to a strong OTA signal. For example if you have a particularly strong local, tune to that local first, then switch to a satellite channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts