Anyone with the "Superstations Package" listed on their "My Programming" page...

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Anyone have the "Superstations Package" showing up as an available option in the "My Programming" section of the webpage? For whatever reason, I am unable to get the superstation package.. All I qualify for is KTLA, KWGN, and WPIX. WWOR and WSBK are greyed out for whatever reason. If you do have the "Superstations Package" available as an option, please post here. Not too sure the circumstances of needing to qualify for 2 channels extra that show the same content as the other superstations.

thanks!

We subscribe to the superstations package. On our bill it says 5 superstations, $7.00. We live in Ohio. The only things I have greyed out in that section are the PBS stations.

When you login to the website, do you see the "Superstations Package" for $7.00 under My Programming, or are the 5 stations checked that show $2 each?

Last edited:
I recently dropped the Supers...till they're offered in HD. The programming page showed the 5 stations at $2 each. Didn't see a listing for the Superstation Package at $7.00, but that's what I was paying.

IIRC Blacking out stations because the programming on the distant channel airs earlier than your time zone applies only to networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox) CW is not affected by that. And it is not the FCC's rule. It's a law passed by Congress and signed by the President which the FCC administers.
A local channel can ask Dish to black out certain programs they own the rights to in their broadcast market. If they do, then Dish just makes the whole channel unavailable in that area.

BTW all the Super Stations show as available for $2 each in my area (Cincinnati TV market)

See ya
Tony

I believe your locals can have specific channels blocked from you getting them or it may be the FCC ruling about having programing earlier than your time zone.

that rling applies to distant nets not supers. it could be locals asking for syndex or a glitch at dish but the supers are still there.

The funny thing about the blocking it out, is if I move to another address in another city of my DMA just 15 miles to the west of me, they qualify for the superstations package, and receive the same locals.

I recently dropped the Supers...till they're offered in HD. The programming page showed the 5 stations at $2 each. Didn't see a listing for the Superstation Package at $7.00, but that's what I was paying.

I also did the same thing. WWOR is not available to me either however. I live in the Boston Market so I get WSBK anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)