Anyone wonder if they have raised the prices to slow down new orders?

Whiteice

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 9, 2004
Just wondering,

I have only been a VOOM subscriber for almost 2 months, and I read / hear nothing but horror stories about VOOM.

- They are/were in short supply of equipment, thus the reason peoples installations were getting delayed. The dealers were not getting enough equipment to match the installation orders.

- They have a 2nd gen STB coming out by Janurary and they said they are replacing ALL customers boxes with the new one.

- They have HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE billing issues with people being charged $1000 here and there, and when people call to dispute it, they are told they have to wait up to 72 hours for a call back from a VOOM rep. People can dispute it with there credit card company, but thats not the point. They shouldnt have these kinds of mistakes that takes peoples money the way they do.

- They seem to be having problems here and there with the new software when it is released causing all kinds of PQ and Audio isses if not other issues as well.

- A lot of people must be complaining because when I called to cancel a few weeks back due to issues I am having with them they immediately offered me 2 months of service on them. I have worked in many call centers, and I have never worked at one where the first reponse was to offer free service for x amount of months. Please dont confuse this with me complaining, but im just wondering what there reasoning is with offering free service so quickly.

I can keep going and going about many issues I have experienced/read about with VOOM but my point in this post is not to beat up VOOM. I enjoy my VOOM very much. I really truly do, but they seem to be having so many problems with there service all around it is ridiculous. And on top of all of this, they are starting to raise there prices (I did not know they were going to raise the prices like some of you did until I found out on July 30th.)

So with all of that, im wondering if they are raising the prices, charging for installation as a tactic to slow down the new orders so they can try and fix all of the current/major issues they seem to be having as of late.

Just a thought,
Whiteice

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
Interesting idea. Well, supply and demand. If they cannot handle all the business they are getting, it makes sense to raise the price and slow it down a bit. That's what I would do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)