Anything new in Fios land?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cebbigh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2005
Frostbite Falls
The Fios threads have been so quiet recently. For my part, I haven't had much to complain or speculate about since I added Tivo. Being happy about my services is a good thing.

Like always I'd like to see them add more HD (like CC or AMC) or perhaps offer some flexible expanded sports package. But to be perfectly honest I found myself checking which channel my son was watching yesterday because the SD quality looked so good.

So are we all quiet over here because we are busy enjoying what we have?

Best picture quality in the business - best value in the business - rock solid reliable services - no yanking of channels without warning - and the Tivo HD is a perfect companior for a boringly excellent service. No complaints! Anyway, I hope Verizon add the 6-new es.tv HD channels and a few others this spring.

I totally agree about the PQ of Fios.......it's top notch. I switched to Fios about six months ago and haven't looked back! :up

Now that EchoStar has announced their new T2200S, it would be great to see Verizon dump the Motorola DVR and offer this box.

If Verizon offered the EchoStar box, I would immediately ditch Dish and switch to Fios. It is strange the EchoStar would be losing way more money selling a box to Verizon.

My brother got FIOS and his motorola DVR is horrible compared to my dish DVR.

If Verizon offered the EchoStar box, I would immediately ditch Dish and switch to Fios. It is strange the EchoStar would be losing way more money selling a box to Verizon.

My brother got FIOS and his motorola DVR is horrible compared to my dish DVR.
Yep, nothing can compare with the Dish HD DVR...however, several of us are very happy with the Tivo HD. I dumped Dish Network for FiOS because it was a much better value (can't touch Triple Play), the picture quality is superior, customer service (after getting past ordering/billing) and technicians are squared-away and professional, the picture quality of FiOS TV puts Dish Network to shame, and nobody is yanking with channels without warning.

Besides Tivo HD and the newly released Moxi HD, hopefully there will be additional Verizon HD DVR products and direct-to-consumer products available later this year.

Yep, nothing can compare with the Dish HD DVR...however, several of us are very happy with the Tivo HD. I dumped Dish Network for FiOS because it was a much better value (can't touch Triple Play), the picture quality is superior, customer service (after getting past ordering/billing) and technicians are squared-away and professional, the picture quality of FiOS TV puts Dish Network to shame, and nobody is yanking with channels without warning.

Besides Tivo HD and the newly released Moxi HD, hopefully there will be additional Verizon HD DVR products and direct-to-consumer products available later this year.

I am already paying like $85 for Verizon phone and FIOS internet, the triple play would really be a great deal for me. They sent me 2 letters per week asking me to switch to triple play! I have to check out the Tivo HD and Moxi HD. I didn't know there are other receivers out there that works with FIOS. Thanks!

I am already paying like $85 for Verizon phone and FIOS internet, the triple play would really be a great deal for me. They sent me 2 letters per week asking me to switch to triple play! I have to check out the Tivo HD and Moxi HD. I didn't know there are other receivers out there that works with FIOS. Thanks!
Lot's of good info in these two threads. Additionally, people have reported Sears is selling the the TivoHD for $199:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/verizon-fios/164975-fios-tivo.html
AVS Forum - View Single Post - Official AVS TiVo HD Topic!

Also, lots of good info regarding FiOS TV/TivoHD in these forums:

TiVo Community
DSL · Cable · VOIP · Security · Satellite · Fiber · News · Tips · Reviews · Community · Tools - dslreports.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)