Anything New On KU?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
i have been pretty much out of FTA for a year or two, just wondering if there is anything really new out there on KU band?....any big news etc etc?....or is 97w pretty much still where its all at?

what is a good reasonably priced HD receiver these days?

back then i believe it was openbox?

I would say Ku is about the same as last two years.
Things change, but nothing major.
Right now the only thing I can recommend for a receiver would be the GEOSATpro microHD or the Manhattan.

or the Manhattan.
The DJ-1997 or the older non IPTV model?
Is the older model still available?

In the past year, Retro and Revn on 97W are pretty good additions.
And maybe that new girlie channel on 97W, the one that Dan likes :rolleyes:, I cant remember the name right now, CRS.

Reactions: primestar31
The DJ-1997 or the older non IPTV model?
Is the older model still available?

And maybe that new girlie channel on 97W, the one that Dan likes :rolleyes:, I cant remember the name right now, CRS.

Jasmin TV, one of the few HD channels on 97w. Girls, but much more tame than what's on the internet.

Reactions: fred555

thanks,

i don't see these so im assuming i can not get them with my current receivers, i only have SD DVB-S receivers,

trying to decide if its worth getting something else, not sure how many more worthwhile channels a better/HD receiver would get me

trying to decide if its worth getting something else, not sure how many more worthwhile channels a better/HD receiver would get me
might as well. There are lots of HD feeds out there and the basic HD/DVB-S2 receivers arent that much

How big a dish do you have? If a 1 meter it might be easily worthwhile if you were to also miniBUD for some C band.

Cheapo HD boxes can be had for $30-50ish, or a good one for around $100. I enjoy the stuff on 103W (all dvb-s2), and the PBS's on 125W are all dvb-s2. The main problem I have is that the channels I want are all on different birds, so I need to get a motor. They're pretty much all dvb-s2.

How big a dish do you have? If a 1 meter it might be easily worthwhile if you were to also miniBUD for some C band.

i have a 1m with motor,

i have tried some "mini budding" in the past, i was able to pickup a few TPs on 99w but couldnt seem to get much else, although i didnt try very hard,

i posted pics and results here a few years ago, but not sure if i can find the thread,

oh wait i did find it.......

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/mini-bud-test-results-day-1.264940/

which receivers would these be?
One brand is X2. Cheap, Chinese made, has some quirks, but will work. I've been using an X2 Premium Mini, which will be replaced by an Amiko A3 when my budget allows. Plenty come up if you just search "dvb-s2 receiver" on eBay, though anything in the sub-$50 range is a bit of a gamble in terms of quality, firmware updates, etc. Mine can "get the job done", but isn't really that great.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts