Anything on Anik F1/F2?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cybersonic

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 3, 2005
I'm setting up my system (30" Ku dish with SG2100), and have found most of the satellites between 74 W and 103 W. I'm now trying to go more West, but am having trouble finding anything (I'm at 84W, so the elevation angles get quite a bit smaller as I move more to the West).
Are there any active broadcasts on Anik F1, Anik F2, SatMex 5 and Galaxy 10R? I'd like to locate these in sequence - makes them easier to find.

Thx,
Chris.

I just power scanned both F1 (107.3w) and F2/E2R (111.1w) and nothing found, plenty of live channels and TP. on Satmex 5 and G10R those two are MUST have's!

For SatMex5 and G10R, can you give a couple of freq/pol/SR that are likely to be active tomorrow evening? I'll be continuing my search then.
Thanks!
Chris.

G10R

The Tube 11720 V 27692 S/R.

------------------------------------------

Satmex5

Mac TV 12080 H 25635 S/R.

On C band there's a ton of stuff out of Canada... Sorry that's not much help

---------Robert

Anik F1 / F2 has ASN (Atlantic Satellite Network, a CTV affiliate) and NewsWorld, which is a news channel. That is it for English language stuff, there are also some French channels there.....

http://www.lyngsat.com/anikf1.html

The knowledge networks looks interesting. You did not find that in your scan? Maybe have to do the PID thing?
I have not tried it yet myself so I am just goingi non what lyngsat lists.

PSB said:
I just power scanned both F1 (107.3w) and F2/E2R (111.1w) and nothing found, plenty of live channels and TP. on Satmex 5 and G10R those two are MUST have's!

I found Satmex5 and G10R tonight! Turned out I didn't have my SG2100 motor aligned correctly to true South, causing it to point the dish too low for these 2 satellites. Redid the true South alignment, and found them without problem.
Thanks Peter!
The only ones I would now like to find are AMC6/9 and IA7, then I have them all (I think ;-)
But it looks like AMC6/9 only have feeds, and IA7 has only something on 11948/V/8684?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)