Anyway to use Hulu plus on roku w/o a credit card?

Last night I found all 14 episodes of the original 1974 Planet of the Apes TV series on 1Channel. The picture quality was very good. It was great seeing this TV series once again after all these years.

Earlier this week our Dish Network VIP722K receiver malfunctioned and needs to be replaced. In its absence we began watching programming on OTA, FTA and via the Roku 2 XS streaming device. We have been enjoying programming on TWIT, Challenge, Yesterday TV, Revision 3, CHOW, Crackle, Popcorn Flix, Pub D Hub, N2TV, American Pop and many other channels.

Hulu Plus…

Tonight my wife said “We missed our favorite shows last night such as Modern Family, The Middle, Suburgatory, The Neighbors and Castle”. I turned on Hulu Plus and there we found all our favorite shows ready in our queue since we have these shows setup as our favorites. NO timers needed! As we watched we noticed that the HD looked better than Dish Network. Hulu Plus does air a 28 second commercial at every scheduled commercial break to help keep the monthly cost down, but we found this is much better than flipping or sitting through the regular 4-6 commercials plus a local commercial during the same commercial break.

Having improved HD via OTA, FTA and Roku, not needing to set any timers, access to lots of additional programming and greatly reduced programming costs we are considering cancelling our Dish Network. With the savings we could purchase additional Roku units. :)

Earlier this week our Dish Network VIP722K receiver malfunctioned and needs to be replaced. In its absence we began watching programming on OTA, FTA and via the Roku 2 XS streaming device. We have been enjoying programming on TWIT, Challenge, Yesterday TV, Revision 3, CHOW, Crackle, Popcorn Flix, Pub D Hub, N2TV, American Pop and many other channels.

Hulu Plus…

Tonight my wife said “We missed our favorite shows last night such as Modern Family, The Middle, Suburgatory, The Neighbors and Castle”. I turned on Hulu Plus and there we found all our favorite shows ready in our queue since we have these shows setup as our favorites. NO timers needed! As we watched we noticed that the HD looked better than Dish Network. Hulu Plus does air a 28 second commercial at every scheduled commercial break to help keep the monthly cost down, but we found this is much better than flipping or sitting through the regular 4-6 commercials plus a local commercial during the same commercial break.

Having improved HD via OTA, FTA and Roku, not needing to set any timers, access to lots of additional programming and greatly reduced programming costs we are considering cancelling our Dish Network. With the savings we could purchase additional Roku units. :)

Even better than Hulu+ is OTA with TiVo (if you cancel Dish). But, if you cannot receive your locals OTA, then Hulu is an alternative.

Hulu Plus…

I've been pretty adamant in thinking Hulu Plus was not worth it, but after fiddling around that last couple of days with it, I'll have to eat a few words! :)

When I bought my Sony 3D BluRay player, it came with a 3 month trial of Hulu Plus, so I thought, 'what the hell, it is free', so why not use it. Glad I did. I recently switched from D* to E* and had a lot of things recorded on my D* equipment. So I took a look at Hulu Plus to see what was there that would allow me to see those shows I hadn't watched yet, and how good the video was.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that most of the series that I watch were available, and the video was much better than I remember Hulu ever doing in the past. So I watched the few that Hulu+ didn't have on my D* equipment, and then boxed that up. Since then I also found that the CW series that I like are on Hulu Plus and they are in much better video than the local CW station is doing. So now I've got those all in my Favorites, and have added some Hulu Plus original series to check them out. Using Hulu Plus on my AppleTV mostly and the experience is great!

I've been pretty adamant in thinking Hulu Plus was not worth it, but after fiddling around that last couple of days with it, I'll have to eat a few words! :)

When I bought my Sony 3D BluRay player, it came with a 3 month trial of Hulu Plus, so I thought, 'what the hell, it is free', so why not use it. Glad I did. I recently switched from D* to E* and had a lot of things recorded on my D* equipment. So I took a look at Hulu Plus to see what was there that would allow me to see those shows I hadn't watched yet, and how good the video was.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that most of the series that I watch were available, and the video was much better than I remember Hulu ever doing in the past. So I watched the few that Hulu+ didn't have on my D* equipment, and then boxed that up. Since then I also found that the CW series that I like are on Hulu Plus and they are in much better video than the local CW station is doing. So now I've got those all in my Favorites, and have added some Hulu Plus original series to check them out. Using Hulu Plus on my AppleTV mostly and the experience is great!

I have 3 WDTV's and we use Hulu Plus to watch several shows, as the HD quality is very good and no annoying network pop ups and such. Well worth the $7 bucks a month, when we can also use it on a phone or tablet while traveling and such. I don't know that I would pay anymore, since it still has commercial breaks.

I like the free Hulu quite a bit. I may try the Plus again sometime. Since we have Netflix and watch a lot of movies I'm happy. My issue with any of the services out there is that a lot of the shows on Nat Geo, Bio, History, etc...aren't there. I can't see paying extra $$$$ for each episode from I tunes or Amazon. Those extra episodes would add up quick in our house. I'm sorry but I've always been a pay one price kinda guy on most stuff. I do have the networks loaded in my favorites on the computer as there's a fair amount of free stuff there too...recent episodes as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)