AP Source: NASCAR suspends Kurt Busch after judge details concerns about domestic violence

Thank you for having the courage to post this.

First, Bush was not "convicted" of anything. JURIES convict people, after a trial with very tight rules favoring the defendant, by unanimous decision, having been instructed they must believe everything the government says "beyond all reasonable doubt". Bush was the subject of a "hearing" where a "court commissioner" (not a judge, not a juror, a "court commissioner" ) said it was "likely" that he did this under a "more likely than not" standard, which, translated, is not even that, it is a "why would she say that if it wasn't true" standard. A kangaroo court.

Imagine that in your life. Your ex-girlfriend, with NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, says you did this or that. You didn't. You are given a "hearing" where nothing you say matters, and, even though it has NOTHING to do with your job, you get fired.

Hopefully, Bush will eventually sue NASCAR and a JURY will punish it sufficiently to teach it to worry about tire compounds and aero-push, and leave things it has no role in alone.
The hardest problem with suing NASCAR is you know they'll ask him if he hit his ex-girlfriend & he'll be under oath. The best he can do is go to trial for hitting his girlfriend,if the charges aren't dropped,& be found not guilty,then he can sue for NASCAR acting rashly on his suspension BEFORE he was convicted of anything. Then he'll most likely settle out of court with his ex-girlfriend before SHE sues him. With Bill Cosby & the NFL domestic abuse fiasco,what else did you expect NASCAR to do? The NHL has also suspended a player for charges of domestic abuse before any trial or verdict has been reached.

The hardest problem with suing NASCAR is you know they'll ask him if he hit his ex-girlfriend & he'll be under oath. The best he can do is go to trial for hitting his girlfriend,if the charges aren't dropped,& be found not guilty,then he can sue for NASCAR acting rashly on his suspension BEFORE he was convicted of anything. Then he'll most likely settle out of court with his ex-girlfriend before SHE sues him. With Bill Cosby & the NFL domestic abuse fiasco,what else did you expect NASCAR to do? The NHL has also suspended a player for charges of domestic abuse before any trial or verdict has been reached.
The problem with nascar is he has not been charged and there taking action against him. He only had a hearing with a judge in family court who issues the order of protection. With that Nascar felt they should take action. I always like to give people the benefit of doubt but after I saw her interview on tv with Michael Strahan she just seemed a little to fake with her fake tears. Now I'm starting to think she's a jealous ex looking to get even.

Reactions: osu1991
The problem with nascar is he has not been charged and there taking action against him. He only had a hearing with a judge in family court who issues the order of protection. With that Nascar felt they should take action. I always like to give people the benefit of doubt but after I saw her interview on tv with Michael Strahan she just seemed a little to fake with her fake tears. Now I'm starting to think she's a jealous ex looking to get even.
Unfortunately that's the world we live in today. If you want to know what I really think,we'd have to take it to the Pit. I agree with you by the way,besides playing devil's advocate,but NASCAR is in a no win situation.

My question about all this is .... if it happened what some time Last year, why did she not say Anything till Now ?
If you were abused, wouldn't you tell someone right away ?

Even though I don't personally like him. He should not be suspended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)