APID, VPID Question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Using the microHD and are missing too many channels while scanning certain TPs....Noticed that when TPs are scanned and found, there is sometimes few channels that do not show at all, is this caused by the APID and VPID not being of the right values.

It is strange that out of the same TP that have many channels within, only a few are actually viewable...Can these missing channels be recovered by manipulating the APID, VPID values, and if so how do anyone knows what is/are right value of the PIDs. As stated earlier, there are too many TPs channels missing in alot of the satellites that are scanned.

I know that I am not the only one that is not receiving most of the TPs channels out there. Tried scanning individual TPs, Blind scanning, and normal scanning, and FTA scanning with little results, always the same. LOL!!

Thanks

I always assumed that APID and VPID were downloaded and decoded at the receiver end. I have never manualy entered these values into the S9.
Only once did I have to enter this info and it was for my Viewsat 2000 so that I could view RT on 97w.

Using the microHD and are missing too many channels while scanning certain TPs....Noticed that when TPs are scanned and found, there is sometimes few channels that do not show at all, is this caused by the APID and VPID not being of the right values.

It is strange that out of the same TP that have many channels within, only a few are actually viewable...Can these missing channels be recovered by manipulating the APID, VPID values, and if so how do anyone knows what is/are right value of the PIDs. As stated earlier, there are too many TPs channels missing in alot of the satellites that are scanned.

I know that I am not the only one that is not receiving most of the TPs channels out there. Tried scanning individual TPs, Blind scanning, and normal scanning, and FTA scanning with little results, always the same. LOL!!

Thanks
It would be better if you can give specifics of a scan you did "right now". Then we could try the same and see what we get. I've not experienced this with my microHD. I used to edit VPID / APID on my old Coolsat when scanning some scrambled TPs since occasionally you could view some tps that were not, in fact, scrambled. But generally when the microHD blind scans, it catches most channels that are ITC. I say generally since there may be a very occasional channel that doesn't blind scan, but then usually if you scan the individual tp, the channel will be viewable.

I know I can use an editor to edit VPID/APIDs in the microHD database, but I've never had a reason to do this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts