Apparently, TheBlaze TV is asking for too much money to be on DirecTV...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I recently called a DirecTV rep about it. He said they are interested in getting that channel, but Glenn Beck wants too much money. Beck should wise up and ask for less so he can get even more viewers. I hope he does for frankly I'm tired of paying extra for that channel on my Roku 3 and would prefer it to be in my line-up!

I would take whatever a CSR says with a grain of salt, most work from call centers around the US, many also work from home. They have no connection whatsoever to the people who work on the programming contracts. Because of this they will tell you whatever to get you off the phone with them. They actually have no clue about ongoing negations with programmers.

Reactions: Mr Tony
That CSR was talking out of turn Im sure. Every single time Ive called Ive gotten multiple answers. One even said she had no clue as to what it is.

I recently called a DirecTV rep about it. He said they are interested in getting that channel, but Glenn Beck wants too much money. Beck should wise up and ask for less so he can get even more viewers. I hope he does for frankly I'm tired of paying extra for that channel on my Roku 3 and would prefer it to be in my line-up!
It is because it costs $5 for Dish Customers. It is considered an "al-a-carte" channel in their lineup. http://www.dish.com/entertainment/channels/#a-la-carte

Last edited:
It is because it costs $5 for Dish Customers. It is considered an "al-a-carte" channel in their lineup. http://www.dish.com/entertainment/channels/#a-la-carte
According to their package matrix, TheBlaze is part of all current DISH packages.

Perhaps it is offered truly a la carte for those who don't have a base package.

I suspect the real issue is that DIRECTV is so potbound on bandwidth that they must be very, very selective about adding any new content. I sure hope the SL3 solved more problems that it created.

Some days I think you need a college degree to understand their package matrix.

They should get rid of the AT250 package... and just offer 3 standard English packages...

Starter - $29.99 a month package
The Goods - $69.99 a month package
The Works - $99.99 all English Channels and HD channels excluding Premiums.

As far as DIRECTV goes, don't forget they are in the middle of a merger, they are no likely to spend new money or enter into new contracts until after the merger is complete. They are in a holding pattern now and the only reason the new Satellite is going up is because it was ordered long before the merger was announced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts