Apparently Variety Has Issues with Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Article by Brian Lowry about the Worst TV Moments of the year says it all...

Dish’s Bad Attitude. Yes, we all know distribution services are fighting the good fight by trying to hold the line on rights-fee negotiations, but Dish has been particularly combative – and seemingly oblivious to the concerns of subscribers – in getting into disputes that lead to blackouts, triggering all the usual last-minute histrionics, name-calling and Websites with silly hashtags.

variety.com

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Dish is just as crooked as the rest of them, that being said, at least they make you "think" their trying to do something about it. Gives them ammo to say their "the low cost leader."

Your source about how the customers feel about Fox News and FBC being blacked out is Fox Business?
In a new analysis of the Fox-Dish feud, mediaite.com points out that FNC appears to be in a very strong position to win the war and regain its place on the Dish lineup, especially in light of the channel’s ratings dominance and the fierce loyalty of its millions of fans.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/th...ys-dish-network-blackout/#glfyMfge3s8Ft7IW.99

Reactions: whitewolf8214
In a new analysis of the Fox-Dish feud, mediaite.com points out that FNC appears to be in a very strong position to win the war and regain its place on the Dish lineup, especially in light of the channel’s ratings dominance and the fierce loyalty of its millions of fans.

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/th...ys-dish-network-blackout/#glfyMfge3s8Ft7IW.99
"Millions"

2-3 million means only like a million were/are Dish customers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Millions"

2-3 million means only like a million were/are Dish customers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not even that many. Last number I saw, was 2.72 million viewers for FoxNews. Lets assume 110 Million TV viewers across the country(I am guessing it is higher, but for the sake of argument.) 110M/14.057M=7.8253% of the market 2.72Mx.078253=just under 213K Fox viewers. That is all assuming that it is a fair split between Dish and all other companies for Fox Viewers. Dish may have more, they may have less, but certainly not "Millions"

Lol, hey, just laying down facts based on statistics and numbers. Like I said, those are just reasonable guesses, based on presented information. Could be more, could be less, but lets get back to the first comment that was great on this thread.
-- "and seemingly oblivious to the concerns of subscribers"

I'll take magazines turning up the irony for $1200 Alex.

The US population is over 320 million. You know someone who doesn't watch TV?
Very very specifically why I said I was guessing it is higher then that number. I read a report somewhere that said 280 million homes had pay TV, that was back in June or July. I do not want to go surfing for it though, so I lowballed that number to give the benefit of doubt towards the Channel Owner.

Very very specifically why I said I was guessing it is higher then that number. I read a report somewhere that said 280 million homes had pay TV, that was back in June or July. I do not want to go surfing for it though, so I lowballed that number to give the benefit of doubt towards the Channel Owner.

I doubt there are even 180 million homes in the US, much less 280 million. Lot's of homes have more than 2 people living in them.

That was just one report... I lowballed it, according to the link I posted, it is about right on par with the 110M... 100.9 to be exact on that page. That was 2011, but I can adjust my math some, but it will still not make it Millions of Dish viewers, which was the overall point.

Adjusted the math, came to 195,238.88 customers in a even amount of consumers. 7.1779%

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts