Appeals court refuses to rehear Aereo case

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I Have it here in north Georgia and picture Quality is excellent but don"t know if i will keep it after the trial i get most everything on my antenna.

I applaud Aereo, found a way to get around what has become an outdated system. Also could be just the beginning.

I don't see a problem with this service...just as long as Aereo is paying the broadcasters the appropriate subscription fees. Otherwise, they are violating copyrights.

They aren't paying any fees afaik.They just extend the free antenna service to folks that otherwise might not be able to get a signal.

That's the whole point - Aereo owes them nothing. It's indeed an extension of the OTA viewers right to free programming. Aereo, instead of trying to change the rules, are playing by them.

I too use Aereo in the Atlanta area. Picture quality is very good! Watching the all star game right now without a hitch. No buffering, all HD.

I use Comcast 25mbs internet. Never had any streaming problems with mlb.tv or vudu on my roku for that matter.

You will be soon, it's on their list. Keep in mind, when they soon they're not DISH. :D

They aren't paying any fees afaik.They just extend the free antenna service to folks that otherwise might not be able to get a signal.

I agree except the service isn't free...$8.00/month but that includes 20 hours of DVR type service. I just activated my free trial. PQ isn't bad, I have DSL, a few blurs now and then but otherwise clear. I'm streaming over ROKU by the way. Not sure if I will keep the service though. We do very well with the antenna,
8 bucks is small money, but we cut the cord to save money, this would add to the Netflix, Hulu plus, and TiVo subscriptions bringing me up to $29.00/month. Still significantly less than half what we paid dish, might be a good back up for OTA when we do have reception issues. We'll see still have 30 more days to evaluate.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

I agree except the service isn't free...$8.00/month but that includes 20 hours of DVR type service. I just activated my free trial. PQ isn't bad, I have DSL, a few blurs now and then but otherwise clear. I'm streaming over ROKU by the way. Not sure if I will keep the service though. We do very well with the antenna,
8 bucks is small money, but we cut the cord to save money, this would add to the Netflix, Hulu plus, and TiVo subscriptions bringing me up to $29.00/month. Still significantly less than half what we paid dish, might be a good back up for OTA when we do have reception issues. We'll see still have 30 more days to evaluate.

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

Yea,I didn't mean that Aereo service was free.I meant that they offered free ota signals via the internet.$8 per month isn't bad for HD and dvr service.Although,it's higher than locals on satellite providers.

Yea,I didn't mean that Aereo service was free.I meant that they offered free ota signals via the internet.$8 per month isn't bad for HD and dvr service.Although,it's higher than locals on satellite providers.

Hell if I could get just locals, including sub channels, for 8 bucks a month from any pay TV provider, on all the TVs in my house I'd jump on it.

Sent via Tapatalk

Hell if I could get just locals, including sub channels, for 8 bucks a month from any pay TV provider, on all the TVs in my house I'd jump on it.

Agreed! Some of us will never be able to receive all OTA locals due to the terrain. $8 would be a great deal even without DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)