Apple Announces new iPhone 5

I hate myself, my phone whore has struck again, lol....I was happy the gs3 and wasnt going to order the iphone 5 but who am I kidding, I pre ordered it on friday morning and will send back my gs3 (I just did a upgrade)....I always come back to the iphone...lets hope it sticks like the 4s did for me, I loved that phone!

Lol, and I'm sitting here thinking a windows 8 device would be my next handset. Only thing that will derail that is not having the app for my security system at the plant.

Definitely going to give the 5 a look. But I'm content with the gs3 right now. Wish it had more battery life..... Maybe the maxx hd...... Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mperdue said:
I think the limit is 10.
I don't believe there is a limit to the number of registered devices. I have 18 listed after I added the 3rd gen AppleTV.

It looks like my most popular item from Apple is the AirPort Express. I liked giving those out as gifts to my family that had Macs or iTunes for their music.

Lots of sites are putting their reviews online.

And all the reviews look good so far, the only concern is that the paint is quick to wear off the sides of the black model, which they say makes the phone look worn. A new phone should look like a old phone after just a few days use.

Lol, and I'm sitting here thinking a windows 8 device would be my next handset. Only thing that will derail that is not having the app for my security system at the plant.

Definitely going to give the 5 a look. But I'm content with the gs3 right now. Wish it had more battery life..... Maybe the maxx hd...... Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'd think moving to a W8 platform would be a REAL leap of faith. Do you really want to be such a [strike]guinea pig[/strike] pioneer?

If we ignore MS previous attempts at cell phone OSes, esp W7, you could consider this "version 1.0" from MicroSoft. You have a warm feeling about that? ;)

I have a good friend who is convinced that the sun rises & sets on:
- his Windows phone
- Microsoft servers
- Verizon as a cellular carrier

Being a good friend means not arguing with him. ;)
We don't talk about religion, either.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Lots of sites are putting their reviews online.

And all the reviews look good so far, the only concern is that the paint is quick to wear off the sides of the black model, which they say makes the phone look worn. A new phone should look like a old phone after just a few days use.
Of course, it would be the Black & Slate that has the wear issue, the color I picked... (Knew I should have gone with White!)

Picked up otterboxes for myself and my mom. It sure is strange seeing Amazon charge tax!

I'm an otterbox believer. I have accidentally dropped my 4S to many times to count. It's hit concrete and tile pretty hard. I always get that lump in my stomach as it is falling but it has always come out fine thanks to the otterbox. I was taking pictures to sell it on ebay the other day and I don't see a single scratch. So many of my friends have shattered glass screens or backings on their iPhones. I never used cases on my blackberries in the past but with all the glass on these iPhones it just seems necessary.

I use the commuter series on my 4S. The defender series is just too bulky for me especially when I have experience showing that the slimmer commuter series has been enough for me in the past. I ordered the commuter series iPhone 5 case from amazon yesterday but it is back ordered so hopefully it won't take to long.

Last edited:
I just checked the UPS trick and I see my phone is currently in the UPS facility in Zhengzhou, China. I haven't received notification from Apple yet, but probably tonight.

One scary thing: I see that I could, for $5, have my shipment sent to a different address. All I needed was a phone number and zip code. So if you knew that a friend has pre-ordered an iPhone 5, you could redirect their phone and send it to your house instead. I wonder if the UPS delivery driver is required to look at photo id to see if it matches the name on the package.

On a different topic, I saw some early unboxing photos and now I'm annoyed with myself that I ordered an extra Lightning cable and 5W wall charger. From the photos I see the 5W charger is included with the iPhone 5, so I guess I'll have a(nother) spare.

Foxbat said:
I just checked the UPS trick and I see my phone is currently in the UPS facility in Zhengzhou, China. I haven't received notification from Apple yet, but probably tonight.

Don't count on it. Mine are in Louisville Ky. Apple still shows preparing to ship.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I got my shipment of 4 lightning cables yesterday. They arrived a day earlier than predicted by tracking. No tracking number on the iphone yet, and the UPS trick does not seem to work for me. But, Apple always seems to use FedEx in my area. The order status says 9/21 delivery.

I should have a set of new ear pods from apple today. Went third party for the lightning cables. Here next week. But VZW sent me shipping in process notification, so all is good in the world. :). Alas, I still have to ask.... is it Friday yet??? :)

I finally got my shipping info from Verizon. My phone left Memphis, TN at 7:48am today via Fedex Standard Overnight for delivery on the 21st by 3:00pm. I'm glad they used Fedex for me because our Fedex deliveries tend to come around 10:00am while UPS is usually around 5:00pm.

I finally got my shipping info from Verizon. My phone left Memphis, TN at 7:48am today via Fedex Standard Overnight for delivery on the 21st by 3:00pm. I'm glad they used Fedex for me because our Fedex deliveries tend to come around 10:00am while UPS is usually around 5:00pm.

Yup, mine is in Memphis too. A mere eight hours away.... alas, that will be a LONG eight hours. :D

I'd think moving to a W8 platform would be a REAL leap of faith. Do you really want to be such a [strike]guinea pig[/strike] pioneer?

If we ignore MS previous attempts at cell phone OSes, esp W7, you could consider this "version 1.0" from MicroSoft. You have a warm feeling about that? ;)

Honestly would not bother me at all based on my previous experience with WP7.

I know that technically it is a new OS, but from a user perspective, it will be the same, with enhancements as wp7. Which intrigues me, as IMO, wp7 as an OS was as good or better than anything I have used (sales numbers be darned). iOS and android 4.0-4.1 included.

The apps (or lack of certain ones) are the main holdback. When I had my WP7 device I did not have my security system installed, so it was not an issue. Most of the main apps were there, so I could get by, and even wait, on the other few that I needed.

Now that we have this camera system, having access to it on the go is important. Deal breaker even. So until that app comes out, most likely, and unfortunately, I will have to steer clear.

Anyway, not trying to derail this one, just making a comment to my fellow phone whore. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)