Apple Announces new iPhone 5

Mine is still in Memphis. It's been scanned about 15 times but its staying put due to the hold Apple put on them.

I wonder why they used overnight shipping only to put a hold on them and have them sit in the same shipping center for days. It seems like they could have just used a slower shipping option.

Without a "overnight" date there is no guarantee it would arrive tomorrow.

They have been simply flying them in bulk from the warehouse in China to the warehouse in Memphis. They will start leaving the warehouse in Memphis today to the local UPS hubs. "Overnight" shipping simply guarantees that they will be delivered on the correct day. I am sure Apple paid a very small price per phone for the service.

Just think of the value of that warehouse... 2 million phones $600-800 MSRP - 1.2-1.6 billion in phones...

actually, mine is in PA!

James I thought you didn't like the iPhone? I am surprised to see your getting on. :)

Just tracked mine and that slow plane from Alaska finally arrived in Kentucky.

Louisville, KY, United States 09/20/2012 9:24 A.M. Import Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 09/18/2012 12:58 A.M. Departure Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 09/17/2012 3:06 P.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 09/17/2012 9:34 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/16/2012 6:00 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/16/2012 5:45 P.M. Departure Scan
09/16/2012 8:44 A.M. Origin Scan
China 09/16/2012 9:51 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

For pre-ordered iPhone 5's:

One of the shippers is delivering handsets to
Radio Shack stores Thursday afternoon.
The other shipper is delivering Friday morning.

There will be no free stock.

All pre-order customers will be invited to pick up product on Friday.
I think the stores won't even have SKU numbers loaded into their POS systems 'till then, preventing early release.

Anyone expecting their direct-delivery handset ahead of the Friday release date, needs more oxygen. ;)

smokey982 said:
I see many people are ordering these. Will we not get one with the iPhone 5?

You get one with your phone, but some people are buying additional ones for the car or office, etc. I personally just ordered an adapter for the car so that I can still charge my iPad if I unexpectedly have to.

You get one with your phone, but some people are buying additional ones for the car or office, etc. I personally just ordered an adapter for the car so that I can still charge my iPad if I unexpectedly have to.

If my car has a USB connector, it will work okay with that new cable will it not? I thought I read somewhere that it may not work properly. That I may have to use one of the old cables with an adapter.

You will get one with the iPhone 5, but I will need one for my office and one for my car, plus I would like to have a spare around for when I do things like travel.

I wonder if anyone working for FedEx who ordered one who works in Memphis is looking for theirs? :)

If my car has a USB connector, it will work okay with that new cable will it not? I thought I read somewhere that it may not work properly. That I may have to use one of the old cables with an adapter.
Yes it will work fine. The issue was cars that came with a 30 Pin Connector, that some of the features would not work when using a 30 pin to lightning adapter.

Scott, I wasnt impressed at first, I will admit it. I loved my Gs3 (well signal could be better) but the more I read about it the more I wanted to try it...screen that works when outside and battery life had me hooked...plus lets admit it apple products do work I love my 4s and ipad and mac pro.

rockymtnhigh said:
I just saw a beautiful thing on my FEDEX tracking page..

Sep 20, 2012 4:25 PM
Departed FedEx location
MEMPHIS, TN

:)

Mine did the same at 4:20. They are finally on the move.

Louisville, KY, United States 09/20/2012 3:09 P.M. Departure Scan

After a two night rest in KY it is on its way here!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Mine has departed Anchorage, AK, so it's in the right country now and has passed through Customs. I'm concerned that it left Alaska at 12:38 local time, so it's going to be close.

And I did tell my boss I'll be waiting at home for the UPS truck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)