Apple asks Google to turn over Android source code for its lawsuit against Samsung

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sounds like apple wants the android source code so they can do some patent infringing themselves. I used to be an iPhone fan boy but I have realized android has came a long way and works quite well. My next phone will be a galaxy s4.

Most of Android is open source. But, there are parts that are not open source, and that is probably what Apple wants access to.

Do they want to see if Google used any iOS code ? To have done that, Google would need access to that source...

Duplicating functionality didn't needed identical code, there's more than one way to get to an operational function.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Duplicating functionality didn't needed identical code, there's more than one way to get to an operational function.
If this is a patent case, identical code isn't necessary when it comes to violations. If the end result is the same, a company can claim patent infringement.

This is my opinion. I see a lot more android phones in people's hands nowdays. I remember when in a restaurant people either had a cheap crappy phone or an iPhone. In my area I am seeing a lot of new HTC and Samsung devices.

I think apple is on its way down. They are grasping at straws as they know they are going to drown in a sea of extinction.

If this is a patent case, identical code isn't necessary when it comes to violations. If the end result is the same, a company can claim patent infringement.

I can understand why you might be confused by my garbled phone typing.

We are on the same page, but I think that this is a reach myself.

I think apple is on its way down. They are grasping at straws as they know they are going to drown in a sea of extinction.

They aren't going away, but IMO they are repeating the mistakes that makes them a niche player in the personal computer space.

They aren't going away, but IMO they are repeating the mistakes that makes them a niche player in the personal computer space.

Hardly a niche player. As usual Apple makes more money selling personal computers than the entire rest of the industry combined.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/04/16/mac_profits_are_high_too_high.html

Apple does not want to sell to everyone they just want to sell to those that will pay what Apple wants to charge.

Hardly a niche player. As usual Apple makes more money selling personal computers than the entire rest of the industry combined.

Apple does not want to sell to everyone they just want to sell to those that will pay what Apple wants to charge.

What would you define a 10% share since you don't consider it niche?

Of course Apple has every right to sell at whatever price they want, and the worldwide smartphone market is speaking.

Of course Apple has every right to sell at whatever price they want, and the worldwide smartphone market is speaking.

Perhaps a niche in OS, but in hardware being the 3rd largest PC vendor is not exactly niche.

Apple does need to come up with a new strategy for the phone market. Eventually they will not be the must have item and they will not be able to command such large subsidies from the providers.

Perhaps a niche in OS, but in hardware being the 3rd largest PC vendor is not exactly niche.

You're looking at individual vendors, I am looking at Mac OS vs Windows. That's the real issue. And yes, that is niche market territory. Too bad really, because many of us that are *nix professionals like the OS and would hate to see them drop out of the market.

Apple does need to come up with a new strategy for the phone market. Eventually they will not be the must have item and they will not be able to command such large subsidies from the providers.

They are in desperate need of one for the > 95% of the world's population that isn't the US.

I remember years ago Mac computers were very niche and I assume they still are. I would probably consider the iPhone mainstream (guessing). I see an incredible amour of android devices in this area. Here in wv, I doubt iPhone is king. I see a lot of galaxy devices, blackberry.

iPhones are definitely mainstream. Key is, mobile carriers give them to customers at low costs ($99, 199, etc).

As for Macs, if you lump it as Windows vs Macs, yes, Apple is a niche. If you look at it by vendor, I suspect they're in the top 5 (maybe?).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

They've been top 2 or 3 for a number of years.

But you have to look at it in as Windows vs Mac OS to make sense of the market

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts