Samsung Galaxy S4 software features: Ahead of the game or gimmicky?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
For some it will be gimmicky until other platforms have the features... then they will rank this as "behind the curve".

;)
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Turned my new one yesterday ($$$ after dropping my S3). Faster, crisper screen, and a good job of cleaning up some of the old apps. But, the first thing I did was remove a bunch of the Samsung apps that I never use. Still playing with the new interfaces but am guessing that I will not use most of the new features (eye tracking, waving your hand like a fool in public, etc). Still have to explore the camera which is said to be much improved.

The eye tracking software is a waste. I don't need google AI computers scanning my retinas.
Probably why I have black tape over the front cams on my droid and iPhone.

I'm sure it's a great phone, maybe even better than my HTC One. I know the One has lots of features I will never use and I suspect the S4 is the same. They are getting to the point with phones that the differences are so small that most people would be happy with either.

I'm sure it's a great phone, maybe even better than my HTC One. I know the One has lots of features I will never use and I suspect the S4 is the same. They are getting to the point with phones that the differences are so small that most people would be happy with either.

I agree ...

Each phone that I have had in the last 4 years have gotten a bit bigger than the last, now I'm looking at going from mu Samsung Epic to an even LARGER S4 ?

I would like to play with one and see how they feel in my hand, but everytime I go into a place they all have the stupid thing on them that keeps the dummy phone (in some stores) In the store, so you can't really get the feel of it with the security stuff on it ...

First one I walk into that actually has one that I can play with, I'll probably buy, IF it's not too big to hold comfortably.

At Costco in my area they had a dummy HTC One without the security cord on it.

Gimmicky. The features are thrown together in a disjointed and cartoon looking OS. Samsung is riding the wave of the S3 success right now. Hopefully they will learn from HTC and put in useful features and a polished user experience. HTC built Sense 5 from the ground up for the One. Samsung kept the tired touchwiz look for the S4.

HTC one is,a great phone, my only criticism is the lack of a MicroSD slot.

Beyond that, it's s great phone. Would love to play with one that isn't on a security tether.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

If I went back to Android I would want one with the microSD slot so that I could store my pictures and music on it. This is what takes up the majority of the storage on my iPhone 4S currently.

I agree ...

Each phone that I have had in the last 4 years have gotten a bit bigger than the last, now I'm looking at going from mu Samsung Epic to an even LARGER S4 ?

I would like to play with one and see how they feel in my hand, but everytime I go into a place they all have the stupid thing on them that keeps the dummy phone (in some stores) In the store, so you can't really get the feel of it with the security stuff on it ...

First one I walk into that actually has one that I can play with, I'll probably buy, IF it's not too big to hold comfortably.

Ask them if you could use it without the security cable. If they are right there, I don't see why they would have an issue.

Ask them if you could use it without the security cable. If they are right there, I don't see why they would have an issue.

I have never had a problem with them doing this.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They say they can't take them off.

However, that doesn't mean they can't bring one from the stock room ... at least thats what I'm thinking, of course it wouldn't be active at that point.

Most of what I've seen is rather niche. I don't need an eye tracker, I don't need motion detection, and I don't need my phone as a remote control. What I REALLY would like would be an unlocked phone that has full LTE support, so something that could use AT&T and T-Mobile's LTE networks.

My Skyrocket is a little long in the tooth and I'm eligible soon for an upgrade, but quite frankly I haven't seen any phones that are screaming at me to pick them up as soon as I can, not to mention I'm not sure if AT&T is going to let me keep my current grandfathered plans that keep my monthly bill to under $100.

Most of what I've seen is rather niche. I don't need an eye tracker, I don't need motion detection, and I don't need my phone as a remote control. What I REALLY would like would be an unlocked phone that has full LTE support, so something that could use AT&T and T-Mobile's LTE networks.

My Skyrocket is a little long in the tooth and I'm eligible soon for an upgrade, but quite frankly I haven't seen any phones that are screaming at me to pick them up as soon as I can, not to mention I'm not sure if AT&T is going to let me keep my current grandfathered plans that keep my monthly bill to under $100.

You can bet they don't want you to keep the old plans. Especially the unlimited data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)