Apple Class Action Settlement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

david_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 7, 2007
Hancock, MA - The Berkshires

Anyone know anything about this suit? I got an email on it. Looks like they will pay $25 per phone if you submit a claim. I have 3 of these 6's in my family so $75 bucks. Not sure if it is worth the hassle.

LEGAL NOTICE

If you are or were a U.S. owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and/or SE device that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later before December 21, 2017, and/or a U.S. owner of an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus device that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017, you could be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement.

WHAT’S THIS ABOUT?

In a consolidated class action lawsuit pending against Apple, Plaintiffs claimed that a performance management feature introduced for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, and SE devices in iOS 10.2.1, and introduced for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices in iOS 11.2, diminished the performance of some of those devices. Apple denies all allegations and is entering into this settlement to avoid burdensome and costly litigation. The settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing by Apple.

Under the settlement, Apple will pay a minimum of $310,000,000 and a maximum of $500,000,000 depending on the number of claims submitted. If the settlement is approved by the Court, your rights may be affected. The United States District Court for the Northern District of California authorized this Legal Notice. The Court will have a Final Hearing to consider whether to approve the settlement so that the benefits may be paid. This summary provides basic information about the settlement.

WHO’S AFFECTED?

You are a member of the Settlement Class if you are or were (1) a United States owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and/or SE device (2) that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later or, in the case of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices, that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017. You must meet both criteria to be a member of the Settlement Class.

WHAT BENEFIT CAN YOU GET FROM THE SETTLEMENT?

Apple will provide a cash payment per eligible device to each Class Member who submits a timely and valid Claim Form including a serial number of an eligible device and a declaration under penalty of perjury stating that they are or were (1) a United States owner of an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, and/or SE device (2) that ran iOS 10.2.1 or later or, in the case of iPhone 7 and 7 Plus devices, that ran iOS 11.2 or later before December 21, 2017; and (3) they experienced diminished performance on the device(s).

A United States owner is someone who owned, purchased, leased, or otherwise received an eligible device, including for personal, work, or any other purposes, and whose eligible device was shipped to the United States, its territories, and/or its possessions. The Settlement Class does not include iPhone owners who are domiciled outside of the United States, its territories, and/or its possessions.

Amount of Cash Payment: Under the proposed settlement, Apple will provide a cash payment of approximately $25 per eligible device. Please note that the actual cash payment per eligible device may be greater than or less than $25, depending on the total number of approved claims and other factors. The total payments to be made by Apple under the proposed settlement are subject to a minimum and maximum as set forth above and in more detail in the Class Notice available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com.

HOW DO YOU GET A PAYMENT?

An online Claim Form package contains everything you need and is available at www.SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com. You may also submit a Claim Form by clicking this link.

I just received this email to my appropriate email account. I went to the SmartphonePerformanceSettlement.com site and entered the serial number of my old iPhone 6 which needed to have its battery replaced under Apple's $29.95 program. Its Serial Number was accepted (good thing I keep all my  boxes;)) and I was able to have my son register his iPhone 6 as well.

By the way, david_jr all the links you posted have your email's tracking tags embedded, so I hope that doesn't mess up anyone who clicked on one of your links. The unvarnished URL link is:

Reactions: lfp302
It doesn't have anything to do with whether you got the battery replaced by Apple or did it yourself. If you owned an iPhone that meets the criteria and ran iOS 10.2.1before December 21, 2017, you could be included in the Class Action Lawsuit that Apple has agreed to pay a minimum of $25 per claim. My son and I each had an iPhone 6 at the time and both had battery performance issues, my son's phone actually died on him several times with 20-40% of the battery indicated.

As long as you have good records (or keep the iPhone boxes like I do) and can provide the Serial numbers, you can sign up.

Dave, if you can still edit your original post, you could try replacing the original links with the smartphoneperformancesettlement . com link (I added spaces to prevent the forum software turning what I had into a link).

Or, you could ask a Moderator to edit your post and ask that they change your links to remove the tracking data.

Odd how none of such monies ever makes it to my wallet.
I’m in the same boat, but it’s not like I’m not going to make ends meet without it. Who knows, by the time we get our check in the mail, it will pay for a Lightning cable to replace the one that failed right where the cable enters the Lightning connector…

Reactions: navychop
Bringing up an old thread instead of starting a new one. I received an email notification that the money from the AppleCare+ settlement was now available. Basically, people did not think that Apple replacing their $xxx iDevice with a refurbished version instead of a brand new one wasn’t fair. A judge and jury agreed, so I am receiving a roughly $30 settlement amount.

Any guess what the lawyers are getting?

I just received a check via the good ‘ol USPS for $92 regarding the “BatteryGate” settlement. That should buy several Lightning, er, USB-C charging cables. Foxbat, Jr. received the same letter, but with him at College, it will remain unopened unless he gives us the go-ahead to take a look.

Reactions: rvvaquero