Apple Event: September 7, 2016

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'll be ordering tomorrow to replace my 6. Just have to decide on size and color combo. Since I use a case these new colors they come up with aren't really that meaningful.

I'll be ordering tonight. I'm hoping the camera is good enough that I can avoid bringing a point and shoot (with spare batteries and separate charger when I go on vacation in November)

WellI returned my Galaxy Note 7 and order a 7+. AT&T gave me a deal I couldn't refuse... trade in my iPhone 6 and get the iPhone 7 for FREE (I had to pay the difference between the 7 and the 7+ plus the memory size I wanted)

Not a bad deal. My phone however wont get here until the second week of October.

I'm staying with the 6+ for as long as I can get life out of it.
Staying with the original Watch too. I was disappointed with the event however my wallet is doing cartwheels

I want to see what the new wOS will do before deciding on a new watch 2.

For those who will wait for the iphone 8 remember Apple announced a 2 year cycle for the future. That means 2018. The trouble Samsung is having just says that the pressure for Apple to compete is off for now.
So for anyone on the fence for a 7, please go for it. I need Apple's stock to go up. :D

Reactions: Foxbat
For those who will wait for the iphone 8 remember Apple announced a 2 year cycle for the future. That means 2018.

Don, I think you are forgetting that 2017 will be the 10th anniversary of the iPhone! There is absolutely no way Apple is going to miss out on that celebration! Whether it will be called iPhone 8 or something else ( like "the Anniversary Edition iPhone"), I am sure we'll see a major upgrade.

Here is what's being rumored for the 2017 iPhone 8:

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/

Reactions: navychop and KE4EST
Nice.

Terrible. Sounds like no way I'd pay the price they'll likely ask. I'd rather send my money directly to Don!

Don, I think you are forgetting that 2017 will be the 10th anniversary of the iPhone! There is absolutely no way Apple is going to miss out on that celebration! Whether it will be called iPhone 8 or something else ( like "the Anniversary Edition iPhone"), I am sure we'll see a major upgrade.

Here is what's being rumored for the 2017 iPhone 8:

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/iphone-8/

Correct! But Tim Cook didn't mention that. Probability a special edition commemorative iPhone 7CSE. a fancy case but basically an iPhone 7s by any other standard.

Anyone receive shipping notification yet? In the past I thought when they said shipping on the 16th, the 16th was usually the delivery date.

In other forums some have indicated that they got shipping info. Some even know their phone is sitting in the shippers location marked to be delivered on a specific date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In other forums some have indicated that they got shipping info. Some even know their phone is sitting in the shippers location marked to be delivered on a specific date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember seeing that in the past which prompted my question. Looking at my order online it shows delivery on Sept. 16. Maybe it really hasn't shipped yet.

After seeing my sister's Galaxy S6's screen, I think the OLED screen is my trigger point for a new iPhone. 3D Touch, Taptic™ feedback, OIS on the camera might be nice, but I think the big step up in the iPhone evolution will be Apple's take on OLED.

The only real drawback I see with the iPhone 6 I have now is it doesn't have ALL of the new LTE frequencies that T-Mobile launched around the country. I'm pretty happy with the Cricket pre-paid at $35/mo for unlimited talk, text, and 2.5 GB of data on AT&T's network, but when I had the T-Mobile SIM, the data flowed much faster. Too bad T-Mobile decided that everyone fits into ONE bucket. Get if you have a big family, but it's terrible if there are only three. $140 for three lines of unlimited everything? Ouch. I don't need unlimited data, not at that price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts