Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Here's something else (glitch maybe) that I found today. I synced my IPhone to Itunes last night and noticed the ICloud feature working for my apps and music. So I looked at the purchased music in Itunes (on my IPhone) and it shows all the music that I've purchased that's NOT currently on my phone. Well I noticed it list a song from an artist that is on my phone except for this one track. And when I try to "bring it in" from the cloud, I get a message saying the "Item has not been purchased: Stay with me cannot be downloaded because it was not purchased with your Apple ID".

For example, I purchased the Miranda Lambert CD Revolution a few months ago. And I have it synced to my IPhone. Well the Cloud shows one song from the CD as purchased, but not on my IPhone. It's listed as track 16, and currently my I only show it to have 15 tracks. But when I try to bring it in I get the message above. I wonder, could this be a track that ITunes has added after the initial release. I thought that maybe the problem was because it's still in testing mode. But I tried another track from a different artist that I know I have in Itunes but not on my Iphone, and it worked great.

I know it's probably to early in the game to worry about this. I just thought it was odd. And also wonder if I was cheated out of a track that I should have received in the first place.

I agree, probably a glitch. Very early in the game.

I tried to turn on backup to the cloud, but I get an error that there is not enough storage space. Again, early in the game. There are definitely bugs; for example, the NY Times app has continued to sporadically misbehave; and The Weather Channel won't run period - I suspect app-specific problems will continue for awhile. The price of living on the bleeding edge. :)

I tried to turn on backup to the cloud, but I get an error that there is not enough storage space.
Maybe your clouds are too small today.

That's been bothering me about this new technology- The icloud. What happens on days like we're having right now here in Florida where there are no clouds in the sky. Do you have to wait for a cloudy day to download your stuff? If it gets foggy, will people just be able to reach out and steal your data? And, you know, pilots who are instrument rated can fly right through the clouds and possibly scramble all your data. I think I'll keep my information safely on the ground until they figure all this stuff out.

Don Landis said:

That's been bothering me about this new technology- The icloud. What happens on days like we're having right now here in Florida where there are no clouds in the sky. Do you have to wait for a cloudy day to download your stuff? If it gets foggy, will people just be able to reach out and steal your data? And, you know, pilots who are instrument rated can fly right through the clouds and possibly scramble all your data. I think I'll keep my information safely on the ground until they figure all this stuff out.

*crickets chirping*

Sent from my iPad2 using SatelliteGuys super groovy app

I tried to turn on backup to the cloud, but I get an error that there is not enough storage space. Again, early in the game. There are definitely bugs; for example, the NY Times app has continued to sporadically misbehave; and The Weather Channel won't run period - I suspect app-specific problems will continue for awhile. The price of living on the bleeding edge. :)

I've been backing up to the cloud without problems but I don't have a lot on my iPad.

If you subscribe the the $25 a year add on it will scan you computer for all the music and listen to all the music... if that song is available on iTunes you will automatically be given a 256kbs version of that song from itunes at no extra charge.
Just checked my iTunes library and every single song is 256kbs and all tracks except for two albums were ripped from a CD

I've been backing up to the cloud without problems but I don't have a lot on my iPad.

Hmmm... I do have a bunch of magazines, so it adds a lot of space, probably explains the slow backups in general.

And there are definitely a bunch of funny guys here. :D

Don Landis said:

?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I read somewhere (but cannot find the link) that Apple is paying the lables somewere in the $17.50 range yearly for the icloud service to cover all the copyright fees. Essentially this is why they can scan your computer and make copies of everything for you. The lables figure they will probably make just as much money over time as you pay every year for the service.

Here is the article Apple's Jobs Unveils iTunes Match Service - WSJ.com

Apple will split the $25 annual fee with record companies and music publishers, keeping 30% for itself and giving the other 70% to the music companies. That makes iTunes Match one of the first attempts by the record industry to collect revenue from digital content that may have been pirated. Google and Amazon both recently started offering online "cloud" music services, but don't share revenue from them with record labels.

Scott and I just tested out the messages app. Pretty cool. Can include pictures. Looks a lot like handscent.

Also trying the thumbs keyboard. Keys are way too small, and not particularly intuitive.

rockymtnhigh said:
Scott and I just tested out the messages app. Pretty cool. Can include pictures. Looks a lot like handscent.

Also trying the thumbs keyboard. Keys are way too small, and not particularly intuitive.

So does the message app work off your phone service text messaging plan?

That's awesome. My 9 year old daughter will love that feature on her iPod touch. That's the whole reason she would like to have a cell phone, for texting. So I guess it will only work within the Apple product family? At least for now.

That's awesome. My 9 year old daughter will love that feature on her iPod touch. That's the whole reason she would like to have a cell phone, for texting. So I guess it will only work within the Apple product family? At least for now.

Yeah, only in the Apple ecosphere, which means for me, its not a huge value. But since I have unlimited texting on my droid, its not a big deal and I can already SMS using Texty from chrome through my Droid phone.

The iCloud and Mobile Me thing is kind of strange right now. I do not have a mobile me account, but in order to setup mail sync for iCloud I had to create a @me.com email address. So I did, and on my iPad, I can send and receive mail using that address. But on my Macbook pro, the mail.app does not recognize my me.com account as valid. Yet, if I go to apple.com, I can use my primary Apple Id OR my me.com ID (it shares the same password), to get into Apple "stuff." So, while it appears to be an alias for my Apple ID, on the iPad, it is a "real" email account.

Yet, if I go to me.com, all I can get to is the "Find my iPad" feature. (Which it does, every time :) )

In the long-term this will sort out, but right now, a bit confusing.

Very pleased with the battery life on the iPad iOS5; used it for a full hour this morning, including going through The Daily, was at 100% to start, only lost 5% of battery. Thats a big improvement.

Found another app that is currently DOA: HBO to Go :(

rockymtnhigh said:
Very pleased with the battery life on the iPad iOS5; used it for a full hour this morning, including going through The Daily, was at 100% to start, only lost 5% of battery. Thats a big improvement.

Found another app that is currently DOA: HBO to Go :(

Hbo and Netflix not working? Deal breaker for me.

Hbo and Netflix not working? Deal breaker for me.

Give it time. The beta just came out. I am sure both companies are working on an application update right now to resolve these issues.

JAG72 said:
Give it time. The beta just came out. I am sure both companies are working on an application update right now to resolve these issues.

Considering the api's might change, I would not be surprised of some of the updates take a bit of time. But I am fine with that.

Screaming brand new capacitor.

Microsoft Refurbisher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts