Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Did you delete the You Tube app from active memory and try again? (Just thinking of the most basic of brainstorming).

For the life of me I am at a loss, if the youtube username and password work on one machine, it should work on the iPad.

Thanks Mike. My regular e-mail gets an average of 1800 spams and phishing a day but I have a good rules and detector in place. The gmail account seems to be free of spam as I believe Google does that automatically.

I haven't tried that but will.

Thanks Mike. My regular e-mail gets an average of 1800 spams and phishing a day but I have a good rules and detector in place. The gmail account seems to be free of spam as I believe Google does that automatically.

I haven't tried that but will.

Just our general practice, we try to delete email addresses when we see them. :)

Gmail spam filters are good but I still have to deal with plenty of them that get through. Interestingly enough, I am now getting Italian spam.

I hope that little trick works. sometimes it does.

I could not delete the YT app as it is part of the OS I think but I did delete it from active memory. I also reset the ipad. Nothing works. Can't seem to log in. I also tried my wife's ipad and got the same rejection. It must be something screwed up in Google. I wonder how I get that fixed. As I recall, all this trouble began the last time I updated the OS on the ipad.

BTW- Did I mention that I have no trouble logging in to my Gmail account Not long ago, Google changed the YT account and made you like the Gmail PW to your YT account. I think that may have also been the time this trouble with the ipad started.

I can open up YT videos and even play them but what I can't do is upload or access my YT account info from the ipad. Anything public works.

I could not delete the YT app as it is part of the OS I think but I did delete it from active memory. I also reset the ipad. Nothing works. Can't seem to log in. I also tried my wife's ipad and got the same rejection. It must be something screwed up in Google. I wonder how I get that fixed. As I recall, all this trouble began the last time I updated the OS on the ipad.

BTW- Did I mention that I have no trouble logging in to my Gmail account Not long ago, Google changed the YT account and made you like the Gmail PW to your YT account. I think that may have also been the time this trouble with the ipad started.

I can open up YT videos and even play them but what I can't do is upload or access my YT account info from the ipad. Anything public works.

I knew you could not uninstall the You Tube app, but I was just taking a stab in the dark. No idea why this isn't working. Maybe surf around the google support forums.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here. Did you recently increase the security on your google account by switching to their new individualized authentication setup? If you did that, your main password will only work to log in via the web and you have to generate unique passwords for each of your devices or programs to have access to google features. (That way if a device is lost or stolen you can remove authorization for that unique device password and your entire account is not compromised.) Anyhow, I did this and then had to create sub IDs for my iPhone, iPad, outlook and several other things that only became apparent after it gave me an error message logging in. Perhaps app access to YouTube is similarly affected?

I hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

dang, dangue! That's it. So, where do I set up my ipad special id and PW for just that device? As I recall, with the computer I was given an option to have a special code sent to my phone which I got and that was it. I never got that option with the ipad. I just get the error.

Don Landis said:
dang, dangue! That's it. So, where do I set up my ipad special id and PW for just that device? As I recall, with the computer I was given an option to have a special code sent to my phone which I got and that was it. I never got that option with the ipad. I just get the error.

Don,

When I set mine up, google sent me an email with a link to the page where you set up additional device passwords. I'd imagine it can also be accessed via your gmail page. I'll look into it and post again with an update.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Is the SatGuys app on the iPad the same as on the iPhone? IOW there is no LIKE button on the iPad app either?

Installed iOS 5.1 on my iPad 2 last night. Saw some minor tweaks in the camera app, but the biggest disappointment is that it does not seem to include the voice dictation tool from Siri - not sure why - the A5 processor can certainly handle it.

Also installed iPhoto for iPad/iPhone. That is one cool app -- Apple has taken yet another step to demonstrate that the iPad is not just for consumption, but can be used as a serious tool. I was impressed with what I saw. Only played with it for a bit, and need to get a better grasp of its tools.

My iPhone was estimating almost 90 minutes and stayed that way for 10 minutes. So maybe I'll try again tonight. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

My iPhone was estimating almost 90 minutes and stayed that way for 10 minutes. So maybe I'll try again tonight. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

My iPhone did the install in the late afternoon, and it took 20 minutes. Could not get the Apple TV update to download though. Lots of demand.

The iPhone has a great new feature where you can use the camera before the swipe-in /log-in password screen. Very nice.

I'm waiting till the JB comes out before I update the OS. No need for me to do it anyway since this latest update brings nothing to the WiFi iPad1

The iPhone has a great new feature where you can use the camera before the swipe-in /log-in password screen. Very nice.
You could do that before couldnt you? I know that I can make the camera icon come up on the "swipe" screen by double tapping the home button. Been that way since I got it.

It was available before (in 5.0.1), but you had to double-click the button in order to see the camera icon.
Now the icon is righ there on the log-in screen, and all you need to do is swipe!

I'm waiting till the JB comes out before I update the OS. No need for me to do it anyway since this latest update brings nothing to the WiFi iPad1
Cool...The tethered JB that was released today is untethered for my 3GS. I will be updating and rejailbreaking my phone when I get home. Still have to wait until the untethered for the iPad1.