Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Cool...The tethered JB that was released today is untethered for my 3GS. I will be updating and rejailbreaking my phone when I get home. Still have to wait until the untethered for the iPad1.
So that is how it goes if you are JB now? You simply update, the jailbreak again?

iPhone 3GS is now on 5.1 and running an untethered JB.

5.1 does not bring much to either the 3GS or the iPad1. It is iPhone 4 and higher and iPad2 and higher where the upgrade brings some added benefits.

What is the best way to return an IPAD to factory original and delete any trace of my account info for resale?
Plug it in then in Itunes click on Restore. Once its done formatting and get you to the point asking what backup you would like to restore from unplug the iPad, it is now like new just like you just purchased it. :)

Can't you also just reset it on the device itself? I am pretty sure I did that when I exchanged my original iPad 2 with my boss.

you can but i've seen some personal info left behind for some reason. i've done what scott mentioned and it puts it like out of the box :)

Not too concerned as I will be handing down the 16G ipad and it doesn't have too much confidential stuff on it. Going to my daughter anyway. Not her I'm concerned about it's who she may loan it to that will be out of my control.

Also, if I buy a new ipad 3 I was thinking of getting the white one since I plan to use it outside and was concerned about heat from the sun. If any of you have white ipad2's how hot does it get in the sun?

Heck, I snuck in the back door while they were emptying the trash. :p

But I've certainly paid my dues now! $1,076.25!

Yeah, you are in. Don, send him the secret handshake and member's codes.

Well for that you have to drink the Apple juice and become a full pledged member of the Apple corps. I mean cult, or is it core? And you know don't have those secret codes. You don't get those with just money.

I had the joy - or not - of trying to get my iPad to sync with my Macbook Air. It "knows" it is linked to my macbook pro, and to sync with the Air meant first having to transfer all of my purchases to iTunes on the Air; and then I had to manually re-arrange EVERY program in terms of home screens. It was a time-consuming, frustrating process. But at least now I have cleaned up my iPad; I actually dumped almost 6GB of applications that I simply did not need. But I wanted to have the iPad in sync with my personal mac, and not my work mac. Alas, I get to do the same thing with my iPhone, but not today. And since the iPhone does not get video files sent to it, I might not even bother and just sync/backup to iCloud (as I am doing). The problem was by not having the iPad synced to the Air, it would not let me transfer video files.

Is it different transferring video files with a PC-itunes? I do this a lot. It is not straight forward process but can be done. That has more to do with me just not understanding itunes work flow that well than anything else. Maybe I'll take the time to learn it better but your comment about not being able to transfer video bothers me. I hope it is just that you haven't figured it out yet.

Is it different transferring video files with a PC-itunes? I do this a lot. It is not straight forward process but can be done. That has more to do with me just not understanding itunes work flow that well than anything else. Maybe I'll take the time to learn it better but your comment about not being able to transfer video bothers me. I hope it is just that you haven't figured it out yet.

All I Know if when I tried to drag a video file to the iPad in iTunes, it said "this iPad is linked with... and if you sync with this machine, you will replace its contents..." so I did the process of transferring purchases, and then it worked. I KNOW in the past I used to use iOS devices with multiple iTunes libraries. No idea why this issue has occurred.

BUT when you get your iPad 3, assuming you are syncing to the same machine your iPad 1 uses, it won't be a problem. You'll connect it, it will identify it as a new iPad, ask if you want to setup new, or restore from an existing iPad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)