Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Not even familiar with YT 3D, post a link and I'll try.
Just select 3D in You Tube search and you'll get access to thousands of 3D videos. Without a 3D monitor you'll need to select anaglyph red / cyan but not on ipad it doesn't exist. Need to do that from a computer or PS3. When you upload a 3D video to YouTube, it displays it in a default mode but you can have YT change it for your personal display capabilities. All displays do anaglyph. You just need to get a pair of those cardboard colored glasses to keep near the computer from now on.

I have played with one of these pads before and came away impressed, but still not particularly wanting to purchase one.
Well, my half day experience so far has only made me more impressed with the overall operation of the device, and I can say that I am very glad that I got it, and can see it being VERY useful in the way that I plan on using it.

The device itself is buttery smooth in its operation, I would imagine that the 2nd gen is even moreso, but that is honestly hard to imagine (based only on what I have thrown at this one of course), and the boot time is, well, wow. About twenty seconds from off to full use capability. Very pleased with that aspect of it.

The apps I have used have also been top notch. While I applaud android in not limiting (for the most part) what you can get and install on your phone, there is something to be said for the way Apple is going about this.
The apps that I have tried have been every bit the equal at the least to their android counterparts, and many of them have been superior in their look, feel, and operation. Not to mention the apps that are not yet out for the android platform such as Netflix and Hulu plus (two that I will use quite a bit).
I have noticed that there seem to be more free apps on the google side, but I am not sure how many of them are apps that I would actually want to use. Bot platforms have an abundance of apps, and they both have their fair share of useless junk.

Fit and finish is top notch as expected, although as some have stated, I do find the pad to be a little heavy (for its size). Its nothing that is deal breaker in any sense for me, but it could very well be one thing that would make me upgrade if I happened upon a deal on a second gen tablet.

All in all I am pretty pleased with the purchase, and look forward to getting to use it more.

I have been very pleased with the battery life as well. This thing has been used since I got it and it is at 60% still right now. Impressive.

msmith198025 said:
I have been very pleased with the battery life as well. This thing has been used since I got it and it is at 60% still right now. Impressive.

I started using mine at 6 this morning, watched 45 minutes of video full screen, read two newspapers, and other usage, and I am still at 80 percent.

It is rare that I go a full day and have battery under 45 percent.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

rockymtnhigh said:
I started using mine at 6 this morning, watched 45 minutes of video full screen, read two newspapers, and other usage, and I am still at 80 percent.

It is rare that I go a full day and have battery under 45 percent.

I let it play three office episodes through Netflix and used it to surf anytime I got on. So it's been used. Good news because battery life was a concern of mine.

msmith198025 said:
I let it play three office episodes through Netflix and used it to surf anytime I got on. So it's been used. Good news because battery life was a concern of mine.

I don't stream much, but o do notice it drains more than just playing video on the iPad does. Makes sense though, since it is using wifi intensively.

I'm still patiently waiting on my iPad 2. I don't have the patience to hound the local stores so last week I ordered one off of Apple.com (which the worker at the Apple store told me is the way to go at this point.) Hopefully we'll have a jailbreak done in time for it's release. I tried to get one from the Apple store the day I lost my job but they said all they had was the 64 GB Verizon version. I'm still holding onto my Xoom for the time being, and I may do a review of the both of them later.

FWIW, Apple has approved my first app for the iPad. It's a simple game called Grid Hunt that involves finding marbles hidden in a grid. Version 1.0.0 is currently available for download but a minor update is waiting for approval. The update restores the display of a splash screen so you know something is happening when you select the game. The current version show a blank screen for a few seconds which can lead you to believe that the program has crashed when it hasn't.

Grid Hunt for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Mario

FWIW, Apple has approved my first app for the iPad. It's a simple game called Grid Hunt that involves finding marbles hidden in a grid. Version 1.0.0 is currently available for download but a minor update is waiting for approval. The update restores the display of a splash screen so you know something is happening when you select the game. The current version show a blank screen for a few seconds which can lead you to believe that the program has crashed when it hasn't.

Mario
Cool. May try it out.

Question for you ipad owners. There is times I would need to be hard wired for router setups & hns modems. The tech specs does not show an integrated ethernet option. Could a device like this give that capability? USB 2.0 to RJ45 Lan Ethernet Adapter For Apple Mac Win7 | eBay

Also is ipad the preferred tablet compared to its competitors? 1 last thing, for those using the dishpointer app, how well do you like it?

mperdue said:

Mario

Ill make a note to download it if my ipad arrives

stardust3 said:
Question for you ipad owners. There is times I would need to be hard wired for router setups & hns modems. The tech specs does not show an integrated ethernet option. Could a device like this give that capability? USB 2.0 to RJ45 Lan Ethernet Adapter For Apple Mac Win7 | eBay

Also is ipad the preferred tablet compared to its competitors? 1 last thing, for those using the dishpointer app, how well do you like it?

No, that would not work. Does not have the ipod/ iphone connector. Plus even if it did, not likely it would be able to work. No wired connections for the ipad

Just found out my iPad just shipped *Woohoo!*
But damn... I can't believe they do all their shipping from China! I mean yeah obviously most of our electronics come from there but I've never had a tracking number tell me that my package was still there at point of origin. ;p

Just found out my iPad just shipped *Woohoo!*
But damn... I can't believe they do all their shipping from China! I mean yeah obviously most of our electronics come from there but I've never had a tracking number tell me that my package was still there at point of origin. ;p

When I order bogus NFL Jerseys from Yukijersey they come directly from Hong Kong. ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

When I order bogus NFL Jerseys from Yukijersey they come directly from Hong Kong. ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Last thing I got directly from Hong Kong was an imported Godzilla 1984 DVD that I got for my friend. For some reason they never felt like bringing the proper version over to the USA. I remember it was weird because he couldn't watch the dvd on his stuff because it was region 3 DVD so I had to rip it and reburn it with region unlocked, so even though he has the regular DVD he has to watch the burned version I made.

Wow... that was an incredibly geeky tangent I just went off on. Carry on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)