Apple IPAD Owner's Thread

Hey everyone ... my school gave me an IPad2 today and needless to say I have never played/worked with Apple products. With that being said I was hoping I could find out a few things:

1. What's the "best" office suite I can get which will allow me to view/edit my MS documents (Word, Excel, PPoint) and create new docs?

2. How exactly do I get my MS docs into the IPad2?

3. I saw someone mentioned a Bamboo stylus; love to know more about that and how its going.

Thanks in advance :)

Hey everyone ... my school gave me an IPad2 today and needless to say I have never played/worked with Apple products. With that being said I was hoping I could find out a few things:

1. What's the "best" office suite I can get which will allow me to view/edit my MS documents (Word, Excel, PPoint) and create new docs?

2. How exactly do I get my MS docs into the IPad2?

3. I saw someone mentioned a Bamboo stylus; love to know more about that and how its going.

Thanks in advance :)

I like Quick Office Pro HD. Its better than Documents to Go. Pages is a nice word processor, but is really for folks who have pages on a mac.

I get docs on the ipad many ways. I have a Dropbox.com account, and use Dropbox's ipad app to bring files in and out of the iPad. I also use an app called ReaddleDocs, which is a great file manager. It can sync dropbox as well as google docs, and several other "cloud" programs.

I still love the Bamboo stylus. Its a great stylus. Well worth the $29. Indeed, I used it at a meeting tonight for about 2 hours. YEAH, a LONG meeting. :) I use it with UPad, a very nice notes app.

welcome to the world of the iPad.

rockymtnhigh said:
I like Quick Office Pro HD. Its better than Documents to Go. Pages is a nice word processor, but is really for folks who have pages on a mac.

I get docs on the ipad many ways. I have a Dropbox.com account, and use Dropbox's ipad app to bring files in and out of the iPad. I also use an app called ReaddleDocs, which is a great file manager. It can sync dropbox as well as google docs, and several other "cloud" programs.

I still love the Bamboo stylus. Its a great stylus. Well worth the $29. Indeed, I used it at a meeting tonight for about 2 hours. YEAH, a LONG meeting. :) I use it with UPad, a very nice notes app.

welcome to the world of the iPad.

Thanks so much. I feel dumb I didn't think of Dropbox :) Does Quick Office Pro allow you to create docs as well? Also, after taking notes with the Stylus are the notes converted into a Word doc?

cjwct said:
Thanks so much. I feel dumb I didn't think of Dropbox :) Does Quick Office Pro allow you to create docs as well? Also, after taking notes with the Stylus are the notes converted into a Word doc?

Yes, but not with the stylus. You use the keyboard.

The documents I create wi IPad get converted into PDF and exported via email or Dropbox. Dropbox is pretty universally supported on a lot of iPad apps.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Got Office Pro and the case ... love both; ty ... new q ... when writing an email the attachment feature is dsabled; is there a work around this?

The new "Newspapers" and magazine bookshelf in iOS5 is now actually working -- for some apps. Nat Geo and Popular Mechanics are now showing up in my bookshelf. I like it!

My "newer update version" in iTunes only shows 4.3.5. Not 5. Or am I stupid and the .5 means ios5?

Last edited:
I cant find any magazine in the App Store...

I was suscribed to Popular Mechanics and National Geographic, and they just popped up in there after an update. Same with The New Yorker. Time, Wired, and the few others I use are not there.

And I don't ever expect to see the Zinio magazines I subscribe to there. But I could be wrong. Been wrong before on occasion. :)

isaacmorseMI said:
Do you have iTunes 10.5? You need that to update to iOS 5.

Yes

rockymtnhigh said:
For whatever reason 10.3.5 is iOS 5. BUT when I tried to install it, it crapped out right after extracting the software on my wife's iPad. I'll probably just use the Gold Master that I have.

Read just now about several download and install issues. Servers overloaded.

Yes

Read just now about several download and install issues. Servers overloaded.

I figured something like that. Will try it again tonight later, or just wait a few days. She doesn't know what she is missing, and won't care. LOL

rockymtnhigh said:
I figured something like that. Will try it again tonight later, or just wait a few days. She doesn't know what she is missing, and won't care. LOL

Just downloaded iOS 5 on my iPad. Can't play with icloud until I convert mobile me to icloud, but trying to do so throws an error and says try again later. PITA. It's not a big deal, especially since it won't be that useful to be until there's a jailbreak of iOS 5 so that I can upgrade my iPhone 4. Once I've done that, then music and photo synch will be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yep. Mine crapping out after extracting software. Gives an "unknown error". WTF. Wife's downloading update now, and saying 2 hrs remaining. Gonna be a long night.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts