Apple iPhone 5C gallery of high-res images, price surfaces

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if the 5C means C= "China" I'm hoping Apple has a deal to supply China Mobile which will generate a huge boost to the stock price.

I'm surprised the commenters are talking like the 5C would be available in the US.
Isnt this supposed to be a phone for less affluent markets?
I can't see offering US customers their choice of 5S or 5C.
Now, maybe if pre-pay carriers had 5C and the big guys had the premium 5S... ;)
I'm just not seeing the big picture.

I don't think this is going to be nearly as successful as they think it will be. If they think they're going to take over China with this thing I don't think it will. There's a big status difference between having an iPhone 5S and an iPhone 5C. If they were smart, they'd make them look identical so that you couldn't tell the difference. Now people will look and be like, "Oh, you have the CHEAP iPhone." I think people will stick with Android alternatives. A China Mobile deal would be a big get as it's the biggest cell provider, but their proprietary technology isn't helping things. China Unicom uses basic GSM standards, making it much more appealing to Apple.

I'm surprised the commenters are talking like the 5C would be available in the US.
Isnt this supposed to be a phone for less affluent markets?
I can't see offering US customers their choice of 5S or 5C.
Now, maybe if pre-pay carriers had 5C and the big guys had the premium 5S... ;)
I'm just not seeing the big picture.

One of the rumors is that the iPhone 5 is going to be discontinued immediately, instead of the usual price lowering. The 5C will be the new $99 phone, the 4S will be the free phone.

One of the rumors is that the iPhone 5 is going to be discontinued immediately, instead of the usual price lowering.
The 5C will be the new $99 phone, the 4S will be the free phone.
It crossed my mind that the 5 and 4S might go away, if the 5C could be built for considerably less, using newer technology.
But as much as I love and desire a 4S, can it be profitable to keep around?
Cost to produce (and service/refurbish) these handsets must be a factor.
From experience, I've got to say the 4 & 4S are nightmares! ;)
Maybe it's to put more distance between the premium and inexpensive handsets?
No matter how you slice it, a regular 5 will be just as high end device come Xmas, as it is today! :)
So to many, getting it at a lower price will seem a bargain.
But that also lowers the resale value as well.
?Guess we'll have to wait 'n see.
edit: oh, the light bulb goes on!
The 4S was truly a world phone.
One hardware build could be programmed for any CDMA or GSM system, world wide.
So, only one assembly to manufacture and stock.
In iPhone 5, to support differing LTE bands for various carriers, different filters get assembled onto limited PCB real estate!
That's got to be a manufacturing, test, and logistics nightmare.
What if the 5C and 5S are again true world phones?
You'd have a big savings! :up

Last edited:
In iPhone 5, to support differing LTE bands for various carriers, different filters get assembled onto limited PCB real estate!
That's got to be a manufacturing, test, and logistics nightmare.
What if the 5C and 5S are again true world phones?
You'd have a big savings! :up

The problem with LTE is that there are already around 40 different frequency bands and more are being added (look at the US Dish got LTE on their new frequencies and the FCC is in the process of freeing up TV in the 600MHZ for LTE).

I think they could probably come up with a phone that does all the US frequencies currently in use and have a single US model, and maybe EU too. The closest I see them getting this year is maybe one for US/EU and one for Asia.

One of the rumors is that the iPhone 5 is going to be discontinued immediately, instead of the usual price lowering. The 5C will be the new $99 phone, the 4S will be the free phone.

Why do that, maintaining phones with two different connectors? I get that it is a rumor, but it seems irrational to me. I'd want to push everything to the lightning cable.

Why do that, maintaining phones with two different connectors? I get that it is a rumor, but it seems irrational to me. I'd want to push everything to the lightning cable.

A key part to this will be how much inventory do they have of the 4S stockpiled and what's their cost to produce them. If it is cheap enough, it is worth keeping in the mix for another year.

WSJ is reporting today an imminent deal with China Mobile for the 5C. If true that is access to an additional 700 million customers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts