Apple iPhone 5S new home button leaks: is that a fingerprint scanner built-in?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This rumor has been around for several weeks at a minimum.

I would consider it low on the list of priorities myself.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

It would sure make it a lot easier if all you had to do to unlock the phone is slide your finger over the home button.

Slide to unlock isn't particularly complex.

As an alternative (or in addition to unlock codes for 2 factor authentication) maybe.. But they need to implement it right or it will be a mess along the lines of antennagate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Slide to unlock isn't particularly complex.

As an alternative (or in addition to unlock codes for 2 factor authentication) maybe.. But they need to implement it right or it will be a mess along the lines of antennagate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I use a passcode and that is what I was thinking of when I meant unlock.

I see this as a forerunner to the rumored future plans for iBank. An Apple bank card/internet bank to create a whole new way of banking that goes far beyond the present day online banking system which at times is slow and not very user friendly.

It would sure make it a lot easier if all you had to do to unlock the phone is slide your finger over the home button.

Only if it works.

We had a fingerprint scanner on a laptop at work. It was so unreliable we had to deactivate the feature.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hope rumors are wrong

I thought we had rumors several months ago...
this is the worst idea I've ever heard .
Talk about beating a dead horse. :down
10+ years ago (maybe 20?), I had lunch with a consultant for a little company planning to build some security equipment for Las Vegas.
As a friendly gesture, I took along a published article describing how to beat the fingerprint scanners they were considering.
The end! ;)
?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)