Apple may release iOS 7 gold master to partners September 5th

Well, if they go gold master on the tenth I hope there is serious work on the iPad version first. Mine is as buggy as can be. Half the time when you return to the home screen the bar of icons is 1/3 up the screen and you have to double click and reload the home page. My iPhone is rock solid, but not the iPad.

Think I saw at macrumors iPad support might not be available at the same time as iPhone. Surprised me as I thought there was one code base.

I would hope not, as the iPad is buggy, buggy, buggy. I am not even certain I want to keep it on it right now. Not because of broken apps, but because core apps are slow, and the OS is not nearly as stable as on the iPhone.

Yes the iPad is buggy. And yes my battery life went to hell after installing the beta, which was disappointing as I thought the battery issues were fixed as they were on the iPhone version. (Although I am still seeing some faster drain on my iphone but not as bad as the first betas)

This makes me wonder if the iPad version may be delayed a while. If they are not going to announce a new iPad on the 10th when they do the phone, they could have some time to iron out all the bugs in the iPad version.

Fed up with the bugs in iOS7/iPad, and just downloaded the 6.1 ipsw again; going to sit out that beta until they get it functional. I am surprised it is SO SO bad, this close to the gold master for the iPhone.

Actually the last update for the iPhone has been buggy too..

1) In my car I listen to music on the car stereo via Bluetooth. I get out of the car and sometimes the audio starts playing in my pocket. I hit stop and it starts playing a few second later... I double click the stop button to bring up the multitask screen and go to the player app (Happens in all audio apps.) and swipe to kill that app... the music keeps on playing! I have to reboot the phone to get the music to stop.

2) Battery life is dropping fast again... but what is strange (and this just happened again a few minutes ago) my battery level reported 11% so I plugged it in and within a second after hearing the charging beep my battery level was up to 32%. How did it jump from 11% to 32% in just a second??

My iphone has been fine, battery included.

Of course all of the iOS 6 iCloud backups were gone, and I had done a cleanup of apps to clear space on my macbook, so I am having to restore apps manually. Grrr.... But the darn thing will work again!!! And not a bad thing as I am pruning apps I don't need.

Actually the last update for the iPhone has been buggy too..

1) In my car I listen to music on the car stereo via Bluetooth. I get out of the car and sometimes the audio starts playing in my pocket. I hit stop and it starts playing a few second later... I double click the stop button to bring up the multitask screen and go to the player app (Happens in all audio apps.) and swipe to kill that app... the music keeps on playing! I have to reboot the phone to get the music to stop.

2) Battery life is dropping fast again... but what is strange (and this just happened again a few minutes ago) my battery level reported 11% so I plugged it in and within a second after hearing the charging beep my battery level was up to 32%. How did it jump from 11% to 32% in just a second??

I trust you are making bug reports to Apple so they are aware of these issues.

I'm not having a terrible amount of trouble with any of the apps I run on my iPad so I'm sticking with 7 for now. I was pleased to see that my iBook no longer crashes when you try to open it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts