iOS 7 beta and apple store.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
This is for all iOS 7 beta testers: if you have any issues with your phone where you must take it in to the apple store or send it in. Do not and I mean do not have iOS 7 beta on your phone. I had an issue with my lighting cable. It would go in and out of charging. Went in today to the apple store and the First Lady who helped me gave me a nice lecture of " we'll sir I'm really not supposed to help you since you have iOS 7 on your phone. It's not meant for release yet. She said they'll let it slide this time but next time they won't help unless I have iOS 6 installed . I got the same speech from another employee.

So in other words if you must go to the apple store to get it fixed or any issues or if you send it in, backup your phone and roll back to iOS 6. Otherwise they may not help you.

I can understand why any manufacturer would not warranty their product if a customer had unauthorized usage. But, didn't you get the iOS7 from Apple as a beta tester?
I don't follow the beta test process at Apple so excuse me if I am unaware of how it works. If the iOS 7 is illegally obtained and you are not an official registered beta tester, then the least I would expect Apple to do under warranty is to bring the phone back to original mfg specs which would be to remove the illegal iOS7 and put what the phone is authorized to run.

I've been a beta tester for many companies over the years, but all were official, with lots of documentation and NDA's etc.

sethwell- You are assuming you know exactly what is causing dishfan's problem. It may not be faulty hardware. Maybe he has uncovered an issue with iOS7. I am pretty certain the control of the charge cycle is related to OS in some remote way. Also, I doubt the clerks in the Apple Store are trained and authorized to advise and evaluate the beta testing either. Generally, I tend to think hardware too, but I have a deep respect for how these devices often use software controls on traditional hardware, especially with LiION charging systems and all the sensors in play.

I have never had an issue with support of my hardware running beta software once they have verified that I am a registered developer for that product.

I was told developer or not I was not supposed to have it on my phone otherwise they weren't supposed to help me. They said it's not meant for public release yet.

I was told developer or not I was not supposed to have it on my phone otherwise they weren't supposed to help me. They said it's not meant for public release yet.
I am told the policy is if it has the beta on it to immediately take it to the back room. And to not show it on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

On a side note I said I'm going to t-mobile and the apple lady says well they're coverage isn't as good as Verizon's coverage and she was up selling verizon which makes me wonder if apple gets something extra for selling the Verizon iPhone vs the T-mobile one.

It's just the truth. Verizon has the most coverage in the USA, AT&T is second. I think it's a tossup between Sprint and T-Mobile for third. One of my clients I used to travel with had T-Mobile because it was so cheap but he would always be borrowing my phone when the coverage on T-Mobile was lost. You should switch to T-Mobile for rates ( used to be true, haven't compared in the last 2 years) but use Verizon if you travel. Use AT&T if you travel world wide. But having said that, it may be true that Verizon and AT&T pay more. You recall AT&T had the exclusive on iphone so I believe they are traditionally favored son.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)