Apple releases iOS 7.0.2 to fix lockscreen security bug

Eh, I'm not too worried about this security hole. It sounds like it just gives them the ability to place a call when they shouldn't be able to. It doesn't just hand over my social security and bank account numbers or something serious like that. If someone wants to make an outgoing call bad enough to take my phone from me and figure out this crazy exploit I would probably just let them borrow it anyways.

I'll hold off on this update for now just because I don't want to make my phone unusable for the next 45 minutes and it isn't fixing anything I am concerned about.

Well, I suppose you COULD spend 45 minutes on the upgrade, but you'd have to work real hard to do it!! :)

Updated both my iPad Mini and iPhone 5, took about 10 minutes each.
?

Well, I suppose you COULD spend 45 minutes on the upgrade, but you'd have to work real hard to do it!! :)

Updated both my iPad Mini and iPhone 5, took about 10 minutes each.
?

Yeah I guess the demand probably isn't crazy high for this update. My update to iOS7 the day they released it took close to an hour so I am a little gun shy now.

"The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!"
Oh, wait. Maybe not. :)
Too much concern over nothing.
More folks should remember that "physical security" trumps all this hooey. ;)

I installed on mine... It was already downloaded when I went to upgrade to 7.0... I was out of town the last week and did not want to risk upgrade on the road, so went strait to 7.02...

I checked when I got home, but I don't have enough free space on my 32 MB iPhone 5 so I have to do it via iTunes so I'll just wait until I dock it tonight.

What they really need to fix is:
Get rid of the airplane mode and wifi buttons from the control center when the phone is locked. The way it is now if somebody steals your phone they just simple turn on airplane mode and prevent you from using find my iphone to find/disable it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)