"Apple sues HTC over iPhone patents"

I did see some of the pics, but not the video...

My main interest is about how open it will be:
opening PDFs from USB sticks? saving back? other formats? network storage? etc.

The very idea of having essentially a 12" screen fold in half sounds interesting...

Diogen.

Last edited:
Apple would be foolish to not sue to protect their patents. Having said that, I don't believe that process and software patents should be valid anyway - but that's a whole different thread.

Mario

Apple stole half or more of the technology that they claim HTC is stealing from them. Poor Apple boo hoo.

Remember when Apple tried to sue Microsoft for stealing the Mouse? Then Apple realized they stole the Mouse from Xerox (parc).

Will Apple be the next tivo? Suing people for stealing technology that they stole from someone else?
sofa.gif

Suing people for stealing technology that they stole from someone else?
"Doing the right thing" is never in the multinationals' lexicon.

There is no doubt that Android is on the roll in terms of mind share. This can turn into market share. That can't be good news for Apple.
Since suing Google at this point is pretty much suicide, why not sue the manufacturer of Google phones with the goal to intimidate and make firms think twice before embracing Android.

Standard approach. The longer this drags the better for Apple. Unless Google puts its voice of support behind HTC (what it did).

I think neither Nokia not HTC case will get to the courtroom...

Diogen.

"Doing the right thing" is never in the multinationals' lexicon.

There is no doubt that Android is on the roll in terms of mind share. This can turn into market share. That can't be good news for Apple.
Since suing Google at this point is pretty much suicide, why not sue the manufacturer of Google phones with the goal to intimidate and make firms think twice before embracing Android.

Standard approach. The longer this drags the better for Apple. Unless Google puts its voice of support behind HTC (what it did).

I think neither Nokia not HTC case will get to the courtroom...

Diogen.

Yep. And I say this as an Apple fan and an iPhone user. This is just a stupid thing for Apple to do.

I think the ITC ruling on the Nokia vs. Apple case will give us the first sense of what to expect from the Apple vs. HTC patent dispute...
It isn't the final ruling yet, but ITC staff sides with Nokia so far...
ITC staff sides with Nokia in Apple complaint as trial begins
The patent dispute between Nokia and Apple is starting to see some rulings, with an early victory for Nokia. In a recommendation submitted to the judge presiding over the patent dispute filed against Nokia by Apple, International Trade Commission staff members suggested that "the evidence will not establish a violation" of Apple's patents.

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts