Apple time capsule with router

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
Can anyone tell me if it's worth the money to buy one of these? Would i still need a cable modem or is it an all in one? We have a mac and two iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is worth the money. I have this one & it is a wireless router with a 2TB HD & it is very speedy. It backs up my IMAC everyday & yes you have to connect it to your modem.

Can anyone tell me if it's worth the money to buy one of these? Would i still need a cable modem or is it an all in one? We have a mac and two iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a router with a hard drive for time machine backups for a mac. IF your network is wired, then the backups would be pretty quick and out of sight. If your machines are setup wirelessly, it can be pretty slow.

I have two Airport Extreme routers, neither with time capsule. Instead I just do backups to time machine with external thunderbolt drives. BUT the routers themselves are great. Dual Band, fast, and easy to maintain. They still require a Cable Modem, as it is just a router. My second Extreme is set to be a wireless access point, to spread the network, I also have an Airport Express upstairs (router and network box is in the basement; wired 2nd Extreme on the main floor; Wired Airport Express on the second floor). All broadcast the same network using the same 2.4 and 5 GHz channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts