Apple to bump the iPhone 5S' screen to 4.3-inches?

Considering that all the high-end android phones have at least a 4.5 inch screen (with some at more than 5 inches), Some people will still think that a 4.3 inch screen is still too small. Frankly, Apple should just skip to iphone 6 and give it a 6 inch screen.:D

Considering that all the high-end android phones have at least a 4.5 inch screen (with some at more than 5 inches), Some people will still think that a 4.3 inch screen is still too small. Frankly, Apple should just skip to iphone 6 and give it a 6 inch screen.:D

And others think 4.5" is too big.

History would suggest against a screen size change for an 'S' model.

As I've said before, I don't care if they make a bigger one eventually, just keep a current model the same size as 5, please.

4.3" is so 2010 technology :eek:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

4.3"? MY GOD! Apparently Apple is looking to compete with the Samsung Galaxy Mega! Talk about keeping up with the tech trends!

Nope, not buying this story

Lot of sales are made at Xmas.
It just lengthens their selling season (frenzy).
But a release delay would be suicidal.

Have to agree with Klang on this one.

As I've said before, I don't care if they make a bigger one eventually, just keep a current model the same size as 5, please.

It might be possible for them to go to a 4.3 screen and keep the same form factor. There is about 1/8 of an inch band on each side if the lit screen on the iPhone 5. They would need .15 inches wider of a screen to go to 4.3 vs 4.0. It could still fit in the same size phone.

Last edited:
Much better rumor :)

It might be possible for them to go to a 4.3 screen and keep the same form factor. There is about 1/8 of an inch band on each side if the lit screen on the iPhone 5. They would need .15 inches wider of a screen to go to 4.3 vs 4.0. It could still fit in the same size phone.
Now if someone had started a rumor with this story, it would be believable.
?Keeping the same pixel count, of course (that would be a small drop to density, but tollerable).

It would be a great marketing feat by Apple to get a larger screen size, but not change the size of the iPhone5. Most accessories would probably not have to change.

An even bigger screen and higher resolution could be saved for an iPhone6, this would make a good compromise.

But, I do not think they would want to delay past the beginning of November.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts