Apple TV not rewinding

DISHinOhio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
columbus, ohio
Has anyone had an issue with the 2nd generation Apple TV not rewinding? I have tried resets, multiple shows, different services (HBO GO, Netflix, etc) nothing i do seems to work. I hit rewind on remote and the progress bar comes up, but it does not rewind. All other buttons seem to be functioning normally.

I have never had to hold it, I can just hit it once, twice, or 3x depending on the speed I want to rewind.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Unless maybe that was with a new software update within last month? I don't used it for about a month before last night, and it did a software update as soon as I powered it on.

I've had an issue with fast forward a couple times in the last few weeks on my 3rd Gen. Most of the time it works okay but sometimes when I try to fast forward through the long intro on House of Cards I will find that it actually skipped ahead through several minutes of the show even though I'm pushing play right when I see the logo. I have stopped trying to skip through it because by the time I rewind back to the end of the intro it took me longer than watching it would have. Rewind has always worked okay for me though. I wonder if the internal storage on yours is starting to go bad.

Well I was hoping it was remote, but I figured the fact that the progress bar comes up on t he screen, I could probably rule that out?

Ah. I sure hope not. It is relatively old though.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007I5JT4S/?tag=satell01-20

Well if you do have to get another one the 3rd Gen isn't a bad deal at $92. I don't think it will get you any new apps or features but it will give you better picture quality. The 2nd Gen is only 720p while the 3rd gen is 1080p. You would finally be able to take advantage of those pretty "Super HD" Netflix streams.

True. You don't realize how much you rewind until it doesn't work anymore 1080 would be nice with as much I'll be using it again.

Has anyone had an issue with the 2nd generation Apple TV not rewinding? I have tried resets, multiple shows, different services (HBO GO, Netflix, etc) nothing i do seems to work. I hit rewind on remote and the progress bar comes up, but it does not rewind. All other buttons seem to be functioning normally.

Normal Apple TV rewind does not seem to work anymore, but chapter skipping des. To jump ahead or backwards, press the DOWN button on the Apple TV remote. This will show you the bar with the segments, little lines on the blue bar. Now click left arrow or right arrow in order to skip a segment back or forward. click Play button if it freezes. Hope that helps!

This is what I did: I replaced my 2nd Gen Apple TV with a Refurbished 3rd Gen Apple TV and traded in the 2nd Gen ATV to Gazelle. They gave me $48 for the 720p ATV (which is three times the amount Gazelle will give you for a 1080p 3rd Gen Apple TV, go figure). Apple charges $75 for the refurbished 3rd Gen ATV which includes free shipping and a one year warranty, so my net to upgrade was $27.

With Apple rumored to release the next generation of Apple TV hardware this year (4K? App Store?) I didn't see a reason to spend too much to get the 1080p version for the new Apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)