Apple TV to launch this year with 4K resolution?

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/iTV-Foxconn-Ultra-HD-LG-Displays-iOS,21731.html

If Apple plans to reinvent the way we watch TV in the living room, then it needs to start with a screen resolution that's better than 1080p, eliminate the remote, and the overall solution needs to be somewhat affordable. That is supposedly the route Apple is taking with iTV, offering not only motion-sensing control functions and Siri-based voice commands, but support for a 3840 x 2160 resolution, or Ultra HD.

In addition to negotiating with content owners, the holdup of Apple's supposed iTV rollout may be partially based upon where the panels will originate. Sources state that Apple and Foxconn have been in negotiations for quite some time in regards to the TV's mass production schedule, but Apple is supposedly shopping around for an Ultra HD panel supplier.

Apple is on a resolution kick, perhaps they could force early adoption of 4k TV...

I wonder if they are going to have 4k through iTunes.

Actually I heard some time ago that tehy wanted to create yet another new standard instead of 4K. I guess anything is possible but I don't think we need another format war.

If you read the other article I posted, I think 4K is a strong possibility, but I bet it doesnt happen until late this year, if this year at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)