Apple upgrade program

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So I found out today that you pick any carrier you want to go with for the 6s under the Apple program. You can only use a credit card and no debit cards are allowed. So citizens one bank deducts the first payment from your card plus they put a temp hold on the card for 2 more months worth of payments to verify the funds are there.

The first month is due plus sales tax at the time you purchase the phone. So I'd have to have 150.00 + of credit on my card or more in order to get the phone through Apple.

You have to pick the size and memory configuration when you enroll, right? What happens if you change your mind and want to switch to a different model or need more memory for Apps/Content?

Well all of my nieces and nephews are now leasing their phones from Apple. With AT&T they save $25/month with the bring your own phone (i.e. no subsidy) data plan (over 10GB), which just about pays the Apple fee. Plus one does not have the up front $199/299/399 fee.

AT&T still has 2 year contracts but sales tax plus 2 year price is due so on a 2 year it's $350 for an iphone 6s 64 gb iphone. With a 2 year contact you save 10 bucks.

I got Verizon to subsidize another phone, so im happy.
And you are paying m additional $240 year for the privilege with a $40 per device. Fee per month rather than $20. I was happy to escape from having my line on a Verizon contract.

I am on the apple upgrade plan. It was easy to setup, took about one minute. they do make you pay $100 uprfront, with 23 additional payments of $36 (64GB/6s model), but in a year, I can just turn the phone in and start over. The finance company they are using gets no interest. Apple must be subsidizing them. Or I bet they end up getting the returned phones, and can resell them back to apple, or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)