Apple's iOS 10 update is bricking iPhones

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Both mine and my wife's 5S on iOS 10 have gone and deactivated themselves once each so far. The symptom we have seen is iMessages start showing up as Not Delivered status. Rebooting the phone takes you to the phone activation screen. I had a hell of a time when it did it to me while I was at work where we don't have a wifi network and my cellular connection at my desk was too weak and it kept failing to contact the activation server. I was able to resolve at home and willing to chalk it up to a one off but when my wife's phone did the same thing yesterday it seems non-coincidence.

Right after I activated my SE it called for the update to 10.0.2. So far wife reports no issues.

10.0.2 change that is not good- I see after I updated to 10.0.2 on my 6+ that the Trash ALL feature is gone. Now I have to go through several steps and Trash one at a time, then do the same to delete them from the iphone for space saving reasons. I now have over 4000 junk emails and no way to dump them one at a time.

Anyone else see this Trash all feature is gone?

I waited till the beginning of this week to upgrade. While I do like the new look of messages I have noticed significant difference in battery life. Was charging once every two days before update and now it won't last through the second day with similar usage. Anyone else notice reduced battery life? Did it change a setting I should check? I did turn off location services and only use Bluetooth occasionally off otherwise. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using the SatelliteGuys app!

My 6+ battery has a hard time making it thru a single day; usually doesn't.

But maybe the battery is just getting old. Maybe it's NOT the s/w.

My phone is not quite a year and a half and the reason I upgraded to 6 from 5 was my 5 was not getting through a day on one charge. This phone seemed good on battery until I upgraded so I'm thinking something in the settings got changed?

Hmmm, my iPhone 6 had poor battery life after the upgrade to iOS 10, but after a couple of days it was back to my usual up to two days on a charge. I figure the extra activity was iOS re-indexing my content.

I think Rocky always suggested a power-cycle or a hard reboot after updating iOS. I'd try that and see if it makes any difference.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts