Apple's Secret for Success

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
I thought this was funny...:)
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx7v815bYUw]YouTube - Incredible, amazing, awesome Apple[/ame]

No need to fix something that works...

Diogen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever happened to all the people from about 10 months ago who were posting all the fears and negative comments about tablet devices in general? That they would be the biggest flop since the Apple Lisa, become the downfall of Apple, been tried and failed. etc . Nobody will buy because the Kindle is all that anyone will ever want in a tablet. Nobody will buy it because it doesn't have a camera. Doesn't have a pointer stylus... yadda yadda etc etc. ...

Whatever happened to all the fears that Apple would need to reclaim all those iphone 4's due to antenna problems? That iphone 4 was the end of the road for iphone and Apple? Seems that all went away the week the news media decided that the BP oil spill was going to destroy the planet, not the iphone 4 antenna.

snicker snicker snicker all the way to the bank! :) :) :) Standing room only in the Apple store guys. :D

That they would be the biggest flop since the Apple Lisa, become the downfall of Apple, been tried and failed. etc .
Rhetoric can be useful to a degree but unless real events/posts are quoted quickly becomes stupid pontification...

Diogen.

naysayers have the shortest memory. :)

PS- John Dvorak lost his bet with Leo LaPorte on how soon the ipad would sell 5 million units.

Whatever happened to all the people from about 10 months ago who were posting all the fears and negative comments about tablet devices in general? That they would be the biggest flop since the Apple Lisa, become the downfall of Apple, been tried and failed. etc . Nobody will buy because the Kindle is all that anyone will ever want in a tablet. Nobody will buy it because it doesn't have a camera. Doesn't have a pointer stylus... yadda yadda etc etc. ...

Whatever happened to all the fears that Apple would need to reclaim all those iphone 4's due to antenna problems? That iphone 4 was the end of the road for iphone and Apple? Seems that all went away the week the news media decided that the BP oil spill was going to destroy the planet, not the iphone 4 antenna.

snicker snicker snicker all the way to the bank! :) :) :) Standing room only in the Apple store guys. :D
Well, I never though the tablets (and not just the iPad) would succeed...so I'll eat my crow raw like a man. Apple did a great job of developing the technology, delivering an excellent product, and creating a viable market for others to follow. I also like Apple's other products and their overall business strategy...just haven't been a frequent customer. Now, if I can ever figure out what to do with the ten free iPads I have sitting under my desk at work.

Some of the negative comments, myths and excuses why people felt the ipad was not for them or would be a failure that I pull quoted from just two threads in this section back around 8-10 months ago. Some of these same people quoted below have changed their attitude about tablets / ipads today and have admitted now being in the market for a tablet. Others continue to be negative and predict failure at every opportunity.

Outside of the initial Apple faithful, I think it's going to need a lot of help and probably a couple of rounds of price cuts. success would involve burning butter and bowing to the east. I don't need a big ipod touch. iPhone is more than enough. Change the name. The jokes about feminine hygiene products are already making their rounds. No compelling reason for an ipad or for any of the android versions of the same. Moto droid gives me all I need for portable internet device. Small laptops can do more and they are just as easy to carry around. don't ask me why someone would want to take this thing hiking. Now if it could make calls, support navigation, and take pictures, it would be getting close to half as good as most smart phones. Yea. For $15-$30 a month. No thank you. I was just not that impressed with the iPad. I guess because I have the iPhone. No flash and having to wait for apps to be upated is a big negative. The positive were how fast it was and how good hd video looked. the VGA adapter only works with Keynote The laptop can do hundreds of more things. Besides not having Flash it also doesn't have the ability to print. Finally, there is one real danger to the iPad/iPhone/iPod business model and that's the closed aspect of the app store. When you only allow one reseller to sell products and they are openly censoring competitive products you really risk stunting software development. The cash cow part of the App Store doesn't bother me as the lack of innovation If it's allowed to continue we'll start seeing it as the standard...and that just won't be good for the ISV or consumer. Two things I don't like is the lack of HDMI out and 4:3 Aspect on Video. What a way to ruin a device. By now most people watch all video in 16X9. Wish it were just 1/2 pound lighter.

Why do you hide them under your desk? Do you have 10 employees who would like to use one? What kind of boss are you? Ever think of holding a productivity contest with an ipad as a prize? Don't limit your creative ability... :) Make those free ipads a win for them and a win for you.

Apples success is due to marketing and fanbois.

I can’t stand Apple personally. I’ve purchased two iPods and an iPhone and that’s it. I don’t like their elitist attitude the company has, and that their cult following has. Plus I think Steve Jobs is an arrogant ass and I will never buy an Apple product again and in fact I’m ashamed I even bought any to begin with. Nothing they have impresses me the least bit. I’ve played with the iPad many times at the Apple Store and almost bought one and would have bought one if I got a different position at work that would have required me spending a day a week living out of a hotel room. I would need some sort of computer entertainment and I don’t own a laptop, so I thought about the iPad. But fortunately I didn’t get that gig at work (something better came along) and fortunately I didn’t waste a lot of money on yet another overhyped Apple product. I am extremely unimpressed with the iPad, it’s a yawner, it’s just like my iPhone was, but bigger. Same restrictive atmosphere.

Best thing was when I was playing with an iPad and one of the Apple employees came over and asked me if I needed any help. I didn’t get a chance to see what version of iOS it was running so I asked the guy and he told me. I said ‘Good, because the jailbreak for that version out’. The look on his face was priceless, he just said ‘I don’t want to talk about that’ and lost interest in me and just walked away. I started to laugh.

The one thing Apple does good is marketing. Their commercials make you feel like you’re less of a human if you don’t own one of their overpriced, underdelivering products. They’re simple and to the point and by design want to make you feel left out if you don’t buy what they’re trying to sell. Apple also does well in product placement. The iPads in CSI;NY a few weeks ago, the mentioning of the iPad and iPhone by name near the end of that episode. All the Apple displays and laptops you see in various TV shows.

I am an agnostic Apple user. I have a few iPods over the years and on my second iPhone. I might even eventually consider a tablet from them some day.

Apple has been very good the past 10 years at producting market relevant products at just the right time. As long as they have a good product that meets my needs at a resonable price I will continue to buy from them.

Would I consider an android phone or win7 phone? Yes, but to get me over the hump so to speak of what I have invested in the Apple system they would have to be significantely better for my needs. Apple won this one in my case by being first. Now I have tons of songs and apps. Most my songs are unprotected, and I could take the time to convert them to MP3s and organise a library for another platform. This would be a time consuming process, and quite frankly not something I would want to do. This will continue to give Apple an advantage. What can I say I am softly locked into the Apple platform.

If I were starting out right now with no investment in the platform it would be a different story, I do not know which phone I would pick.

Apple's secret is making you feel good about your purchase (hence all the magic comments). Once they have you they get you to invest in the platform, making it harder to switch in the future. They also have good quality products, i.e. they are not hyping junk. This is not to say they have the best tech you could get, but a resonably good selection.

From what I have seen, the new mac air looks like a nice ultraportable.
The 11.6" looks and feels like an iPad with no touchscreen but with a keyboard.
And for the privilege of using OSX instead of iOS and not being jailed (yet), you pay twice as much...

Diogen.

The 11.6" looks and feels like an iPad with no touchscreen but with a keyboard.
And for the privilege of using OSX instead of iOS and not being jailed (yet), you pay twice as much...

Diogen.

Sure it is twice as expensive, but it is a computer with a full keyboard instead of a virtual one; While I am sure I could get very proficient with an ipad virtual keyboard, it would never be as effective as a real one. For business travel, it would be light, and fully functional. NOT that I am running out to get a macbook. :eek: I am just saying that, it looks like a nice ultraportable if you are in that ecosphere.

Plus there is no hard drive...
None from the first generation netbooks - circa end of 2007 - had spinning metal hard drives; mostly 4-8GB SSDs with Linux on it.
What the Air also doesn't have - and this is as ridiculous as iPad's inability to print - is an ethernet jack (unless you buy another USB dongle and it will do only 100Mbps max).

BTW, this is what it will take to disassemble one of them...
MacBook Air 11" Model A1370 Teardown - iFixit

Diogen.

None from the first generation netbooks - circa end of 2007 - had spinning metal hard drives; mostly 4-8GB SSDs with Linux on it.
What the Air also doesn't have - and this is as ridiculous as iPad's inability to print - is an ethernet jack (unless you buy another USB dongle and it will do only 100Mbps max).

BTW, this is what it will take to disassemble one of them...
MacBook Air 11" Model A1370 Teardown - iFixit

Diogen.

No ethernet jack? Geez, that is crazy. Apple does look expensive proprietary adapters. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)