AppleTV + may soon be home of Pac12 football

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN

Apple TV+ is emerging as a potential landing spot for Pac-12 college football rights, The Post has learned.

With ESPN, Amazon Prime Video and Fox Sports lukewarm on the league, Apple could end up being the platform for the Pac-12, according to sources.

Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff could present Apple as a possibility to his schools soon, according to sources. Whether the universities would be interested in a potential all-streaming deal and whether the terms would end up being good enough to prevent schools from departing to other conferences has yet to be determined.

A Pac-12 spokesman and an Apple spokeswoman both declined comment.

If you are a Pac-12 fan, you may soon need to watch your team’s games on Apple TV+.

According to the New York Post the Pac-12 and Apple have been in talks to bring the Pac-12 Football games to Apple TV+ and other sports.

What is unknown right now is if this will be a deal for all the Pac-12 home games or if this will e like the Big 10 deal with Peacock that only brings some of the games to streaming.

Meh. With the loss of USC and UCLA, not much there of national interest. Wasn’t much beyond history with UCLA and USC, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SamCdbs
The Pac 12 has bungled its last 3 TV deals. In the most recent one, sans UCLA and USC, this highly regional conference whose night games come when 80% of the country has gone to bed, simply waited until all the big players' dance cards were full. This really isn't a "cord cutter" issue. This is a desperation issue. Disney, Comcast, Paramount, and Fox, linear traditional and linear streaming, all said, "full, thanks". They don't need the Pac 12. Each has their days full with the other four conferences and other sports.

The real issue is whether some combination of the Arizona schools and the two Rocky Mountain newcomer schools, move to shore up the, vastly weakened after next year, Big 12, leaving the remaining core of the league looking at raiding/merging with the Mountain West.

There's a lot of hand wringing in my area about "the end of the ACC" because they aren't getting as much money as the SEC and Big10 get for football games. Mind you, they are still getting tons of cash, and they still don't pay the players, so I am not sure what their problem is. Do they really need multi-million dollar facilities upgrades every year? No idea what they spend all the other money on besides coaches' salaries.

Sounds like the Pac12 is the canary in whatever coal mine these colleges live in though.

The conference is losing the biggest TV market it has Los Angeles That’s a massive chunk of viewers and revenue that the Pac 12 simply can’t replace