Apply Here To Win A Dish 222 Receiver!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
"I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET"

Why? because it's free, I hate my Dish 811, and willing to give a review.
also, it will give me the change to get a MPEG4 received for freeeeeeee

I would love to review a 222.

I have been driving my wife nuts, ever since we got a HDTV. We live too far away to get OTA. And all we have are a 311 and a 2600. Needless to say my PQ is very poor. I would love to have the chance to show her how good HD can look. Plus I really enjoy finding all the little hidden nooks and crannys in software. Oh, and since it's free I will feel more free to express negative as well as positive views, if either exist.

I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET.

I can run Y-Pb-Pr as an input from the 222 but the real test would be the HDMI to analog. This is where I would add the HD Fury HDMI to RGB video processor to my Sony G70 projector for the 222 receiver with HDMI output. The projector was professionally set up and calibrated by Terry Ferintinos.

My review would be through and unbiased with plenty of screen shots. Many on this forum would be very interested of how the 222 works in the realm of analog CRT technology @ 1080i and 720p

Edited to add a footnote.

As an added reveiw or study I would compare MPEG-2 vs. MPEG-4 with my aging model 6000 that the 222 will be replacing. How the two MPEG's compare has often been discussed here but has there ever been a side by side study of HD content between the two? This would be done before I retire the 6000.

Thanks, Dennis in Indy

Last edited:
I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET.

I would like to review the 222 for Satellite Guys and I feel I could be an effective reviewer because of my experience as a Beta tester for one of those other receivers, a DVR, the kind that work with OTA and cable with the peanut shaped remote.

I have the hardware to test the unit with both HDMI and component inputs and with digital audio outputs also.

I presently have 5 different types of DRV's by three different manufacturers so I have no inherent biases, I like them all. Each has its advantages.

I also need to start converting my Dish receivers to MPEG4 for the new satellites.

Last edited:

My wife is wearing out the 622 and I need a receiver of my own. I will give it a thourgh test. It will go great in my theater room.

my 510 is biting the dust lol, the pg up button on controller doesnt even work anymore
so i would like to enter

I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET" and give us some reasons why you want to review it for us.

I like testing out new equipment...
Dish network Is a great service and has awesome HDTV.
I have 2 HD televisions I can try it on.

I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET
A few Reasons

1.Im a broke college student who needs the upgrade bad for a failing 508.
2.Roomate just got an hdtv over the weekend and would love to have an hd receiver.
3.Ive had dish forever and want to check out the new dishondemand(Ethernet) feature.(Sounds cool as hell)
4.I Love dish network.
5. I'd like to see what has changed(Features, Menus, etc) since i got my 508 back in the day.
6. My 508 has been possessed by satan since day one.
This is definately a different way to enter into these contests i love it.

Last edited:
Count me in.....

- I've been with cable, DirecTV and now Dish
- Have the 622
- Have wife, & kids, so I'll be getting everyones feedback in home.

I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET :)

Why?

A) Why not? :D
II) I promise to be purely objective, with completely unbiased input from my girlfriend. :)
D) I have previous work experience ;) and will make this review more interesting with a few appropriate pictures.
5) As a software engineer who has worked intimately with similar products, I can provide some personal afterthoughts/side notes on what kind of effort it would take to fix any observed shortcomings and/or what kind of effort it likely took to implement the nicer features etc.

Additionally:
1) If I receive the 222 I will activate it on my Dish Network account with 1 hour. ;)
2) I will submit / post a nicely written review of the 222 with 10 days of receiving the 222 (because I will take my time and not rush it).
3) I will be honest with my findings on the 222
4) I will [definitely] have fun when testing and doing my review.
5) I will agree that my review can be used here on SatelliteGuys and also on DishStore.NET

I'll see everyone tonight. :)

Last edited:
since my original post is to old to edit (can a mod please delete), here's one conforming to the rules...

I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET because it is fun to do reviews.
All of my previous 2-tuner receivers have been DVR's, so would be interesting to see how non-DVR 2-tuner receivers work, especially with PiP on this model.

I have experience writing technical reviews for work, and also experience in "dumbing" them down for a general audience (ie, the assembly workers we have in our plant).

Also, I have used many prior receivers (311, 510, 721, 942, and 622), so can use those for comparisons purposes.

I also agree that the review can be used for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET purposes, and agree with all 5 rules given in the Opening Post.

Madtown would love it, ty.:D
Reasons I would be a good tester.?
1. honest responses, with pics. As I have had D* since 96' until recently (9/06) switching to E*, and was fairly happy with them, you can be sure i would give a fair assessment.
2. have a 211 and 622 to compare the 222 too.
3. have summers mostly off due to kids off from school and RHIP so I have ample time to do the testing.
4. Would absolutely love to try the 222 vs 211 for one huge reason...THE OTA HD. I get constant drop outs now on 3.1 and some 27.1 locally.
5. Been here long time:p
6. Would I would test with Component and HDMI, Also try the Digital Audio on sound system vs. RCA.
7. have a 52" RPTV HDTV, 42" HD Plasma, and 27" HDCRT. It will get used on all three formats.
8. PLEASE
biggrinangelA.gif

9. Split screen on the plasma so I could do a 211 vs 222 comparison with Either Component or HDMI.
10. I love Sat Guys
11. Buying crimper Scott reccomended from Dishstore.net tomorrow for new wires at cottage

12. Already tried to get a 222 from E* for 211 with this thread...............http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd-discussions/98244-222-211-a.html and had no luck
13. Would offer to do a "back room" review on you know what too;) re: PQ

Last edited:

I would use this as a replacement for one of the two 811's that I currently have and it would be my first mpeg4 receiver. I have plenty of free time so I would be able to adequately use and experiment with this unit prior to posting my thoughts and review. I do not own, nor have I used a 622, so I would be able to offer more than just the "622 w/o a harddrive" type comments. Finally, I just think it would be cool to be able to offer something back to SatGuys and DishStore and all the members via my impressions of the 222. Thanks.

I have a leased 211 that this would do well to replace. I own a 622 so I'm familiar w/ its use/operation. I'm using the 211 for a couple of purposes (direct view and streaming) and would love to see what the new box offers.

Qualifications for being chosen to do the review:

< Retired from the computer industry with the technical skills and time to do a the review.

<While not a satellite professional, I have used satellites as a means of TV reception since the days of unscrambled C Band. Thus I will not get hung up on a basic that I should know.

<I currently subscribe to the HD version of the America's "Everything" Pack so I can review SD, MPEG2, and MPEG4 programs.

<I have open positions on my DP44 switch to attach the 211, so I will not have to install a new switch.

<I have true need for another HD satellite receiver, so it will not be set aside once the review is complete.

<The rules are agreeable to me.

I currently own a ViP622 and would like to share any differences ViP222 may have with all SatelliteGuys members.

Thank you!

Why?
I too want to see what this is all about.
I have no ties to anyone at Dish (or other satellite company) so my report will be completely unbiased.
I have a 622 and a 211, so I would be able to compare the recievers side by side
I am employeed as a broadcast editor and engineer, so I can aditionally report on issues that relate to sound/picture quality on all the outputs of the reciever
I have experience writing reviews as I have done them for my job.
In my report, I would report my experiences with its hookup, use, experience, as well as its 'user friendliness' from other users in my household. I will show whether it is or is not good for the wife, and kids. Also in the report I would focus on how I liked it and my impressions of the product.
Additionally, (if ok with Scott) during the testing of the system I would provide a 'blog' of sorts on satelliteguys forums outlining what I am doing with the system, and what I think about each feature as it happens.
I have room on my switch for another reciever and a spare HD and SD television to test it with.
I have had Dish for a number of years and have gone through a number of different recievers.
I subscribe to the Everything Pack and DishHD so I can report on the various channels
I also get HD from 61.5 and get my locals off-air and through dish.
And finally: Please Scott, Pleeeeaaassseeeee!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)