Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
A few weeks ago, I was offered a chance to receive a Dish 222 receiver to review, I turned it down because I have played with them before and they are almost exactly like 622's but with no hard drive.

As you might have seen another website today posted their review of the 222 which backed up what I have been saying all along that the 222 is like a 622 but no hard drive.

However in in thinking about their review and my own thoughts on the 222 an idea popped in my head. That idea was that possibly both of our sites were biased on the 222 since we both know and work with the folks at Dish and the 222 team. So my idea was to give a 222 to a SatelliteGuys member to do an honest review for us.

So with this idea in mind here are the rules...

Members will need to enter to win by posting "I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET" and give us some reasons why you want to review it for us.

The winner will be selected on Monday Night in our Charlie Chat... Chat at approximately 9:50PM ET. The winner MUST be in the chat room and say something like "I am here" within 60 seconds of their name being called to claim their prize. If they do not acknowledge within that time another winner will be selected.

The winner must agree to the following:
1) When they receive the 222 they must activate it on their Dish Network account with 72 hours.
2) They must submit / post a nicely written review of the 222 with 10 days of receiving the 222.
3) They must be honest with their findings on the 222
4) They must have fun when testing and doing their review.
5) They must agree that their review can be used here on SatelliteGuys and also on DishStore.NET

Please only enter if you can agree to the above 5 rules.

How the winner does their review is up to them, it don't need to be a million pictures or a virtual owners manual.

Have fun with your review, and who knows perhaps if your review is good enough you could do other hardware reviews for us in the future!

Deadline for enteries is Monday Night at 7pm ET.

This contest is sponsored by the Internet's #1 Dish Network Retailer DISHSTORE.NET!

Good luck from your friends from DishStore.NET and SatelliteGuys.US!

"I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET"

1) I used to be a Dish Network employee.

2) I wanna give great review for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.net

3) I need to upgrade one of my standard reciever to HD for my new Plasma TV.

Last edited:

:D "I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET" :D

REASONS:
1. Painfully honest here...IT'S FREE! I've been slowly buying all of my components to make the upgrade to HD, and the 222 is the last item that I need to get. So I scrape together another 300 bucks...or...you guys look favorably at me on Monday night.:up
2. Ever since I bought my HDTV about 2 months ago, I've been facinated with the PQ difference between SD & HD. Shucks, I watch stuff on OTA that I would never normally watch, simply because its PQ mesmerizes me.
3. I believe that I can have fun with this unit and give a detailed honest assessment that others might benefit from.
4. Did I mention that it is FREE???

I can do that no problem. I have been a secret shopper for years and have done may detailed and fun writeups of products, services, and retailers. I just bought my first house and do not have alot of money, so winning this would be great!

I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET.
Let's see why...first of all I'm great at playing with things...love to figure out what is the best new stuff out there and read all about it...problem is that I can't afford ANYTHING as I am in medical school and in huge debt so it would be VERY fun to have a new receiver to play around with. Hope ya'll pick me!!!

"I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET" I have a old 6000 that I have been wanting to replace with a MPEG-4 capable receiver and I have a 622 that I could compare it to. Writing a review would remind me of when I used to work for an electronics manufacturer, writing assembly manuals.

Well, this could get interesting, nice idea (Though I'm a fan of PG's system :D ). I'll pass on this, love my 622, no need for the 222 but good luck everyone!

Great news, but I feel that something is askew when SatelliteGuys' Charlie Chat Chat gives away better stuff than a multi-billion dollar company broadcasting the Charlie Chat. I would like to see Dish Network give away a Receiver and a PocketDish during each iteration of Charlie Chat/Tech Chat. Additionally, perhaps each person (caller or email) asking a question should receive one (1) free year of a premium movie channel (Showtime or Starz)...or a Dish Network hat, t-shift, something.

1. beta testing for Microsoft since Windows "ME" (yes I was one of those pitiful souls who said "ready to ship"). I've gotten better since then :D

2. i'll test it with all my mad-scientist configs and see how it does.

3. side by side comparison with the 622, what's the same and what's different, can they talk to each other, PQ comparisons, etc.

4. ready for that magic day when ethernet is turned on and my vip boxes can share content (not holding breath though)

i want to review the 222 forsatelliteguys & dishstore.net
the reason i would like free is , i wouldn't have to pay for it also i have an afore mentioned 622 so who better to do a comparison. And last and MOST important I could rub it in my 3 nephews faces
kent

Wow a bunch of enteries so far but only a handfull of people have entered correctly. :)

Those who entered, you can edit your entry so that it counts, but hurry you got until Monday at 7 pm to fix it. :D

"I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET" This would be a Godsend to me as my wife has only an 811 and can't get Mpeg 4 channels, and she complains often about not having duel tuners. Also I am a gadget freak, love to play with new things.

Why? Well I have a 811, that I would like to replace, but current situation doesn't allow this. If I won the 222, I would dedicate at least a week to playing with it, trying to break it and of course, report here my findings. I have 0 experience with 622, so I would, IMO be un-bias in my review.

I am one of those types that reads the owners manual from cover to cover three or four times in a row, and don't stop researching until I figure everything out.

And finally, I never win anything, so why not let me win this. :D

I agree to the 5 rules and would like to give the 222 a shot. I have a 622 and a 942 presently. I will replace the 942 with the 222 which is in my bedroom and the TV2 goes to my son's room. I have been thinking of replcing the 942 with a 222 as I don't think I need a DVR in the bedroom. This would give me a chance to see if I'm right.

Last edited:
"I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and .NET" because

1) SatelliteGuys and .Net has done so much for me that the few days spent on reviewing this receiver would be a little payback of my own.

2) All recievers in my home with now be MPEG4 capable.

I want to review the 222 receiver for SatelliteGuys and DishStore.NET

I would love to review the 222. It would replace an 811 I use in my bedroom.

I currently also have active two 622's

I've been a Dish customer since 1997 (originally with a Dish 4000)

Previously I had a Dish 6000 and the 921 on my account

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)