Apps - WTF?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did not know that the function of the DVR was to run APPS, this is clearly an add on feature .... I don't know how you can say they are UNRELIABLE by not getting your APPS to work.
IF it doesn't work as a DVR, that's one thing

Jimbo,
I've been around for quite a while, just like you, and I would hope that you know what I mean when I say the DVR's are reliably unreliable. Don't you see, just like I do, all the problems posted on this site and others like it, that us faithful subscribers have with the D* equipment?

The DVR's are (IMO) slow, and the interface clunky, too many on screen pop ups about things I don't care about and not enough about things that I do. New features are pushed out quickly and then patched due to the rush. I can list more reasons for my opinion, however in the end, it's my opinion and I'll thank you not to crap all over it.

No Apps does not a DVR make, but what if the problem was a feature you used... Maybe the off site recording (website or iPhone app)? I use those often and if those didn't work I'd have issues as well.

I guess my biggest problem with this whole Apps thing is that there are no error messages or codes or anything at all. I mean a screen flicker isn't enough for me to troubleshoot off of.

If the apps wont run because of my setup somehow, then how about a little "you're screwed bub" popup? I mean I get at least 2 popups when I use the exciting new and unheard of feature called "Double Play". (cough TiVo had this for a loooong time cough)

To make matters worse there isn't even a hint as to what the problem is. D* support forum is loaded down with people pretty much like you and I who can't get the things to run. The most common fix for the problem is "reset", because that is their fix for everything.

Did I read something about a new software update?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)