April 12th Live Retailer Chat Recap!

.....and now the $1MM question.......

If you've already upgraded a 921 to a 622 (and three different CSR's didn't let you make a second upgrade at the same time), will they now let you upgrade your 811/6000 to a 211 before the year "lease lag" is up?

Brad

I'm assuming that the price for a 622 would be $499 if trading in a 921 or 942 (after the $200 rebate/credit)

Now, I wonder if this includes only owned 921s or 942s, or will they let someone with a leased 921/942 take advantage of this deal?

No.

They'll give you a $200 credit for returning a purchased 921 or 942 and then either purchasing or leasing a 622

I'm more interested in knowing how this guarantee is going to affect me as an installer, and the retailer I represent.....

A lot of these telemarketers tick customers off by giving them bad intel. I don't want to get charged back because of some lying (or just ignorant) salesperson.....

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish will let people who want to upgrade more then one HD receiver to do it.

This is effective on the 19th.

The 6000, 811 can be exchanged to a 211
942 and 921 can be exchanged for the 622
Did they say if we will get the $99 price on all of the 622 upgrades? I have a 942 and two 921s to upgrade. Or will it be $99+$299+$299 ?

you can get a $200 rebate for each 942 or 921 that is returned.

and the upfront cost for leasing will still be $299 for each upgrade, the $200 back is a credit on the bill

Scott Greczkowski said:
They plan on launching HD locals into the following areas in Q2.

Dallas
Houston
Miami
Phoenix
Portland
Sacremento
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco
Seatle
and Spokane

I am pretty sure Dallas is already available as I am receiving them.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They plan on launching HD locals into the following areas in Q2.

Dallas
Houston
Miami
Phoenix
Portland
Sacremento
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco
Seatle
and Spokane

I guess that it is Portland, Oregon not Portland, Maine. Correct?

BFG said:
no you aren't. Not HD from Dish's satellites at least

Yep, you are right. I had a brain fart. Actually, the guy that did the install told me they were broadcasting them already so I just assumed he was right, but tonight I got a recording conflict when I tried to setup two hi-def shows at the same time and realized I only had OTA. So when are the Dallas channels going live?

txfeinbergs said:
Yep, you are right. I had a brain fart. Actually, the guy that did the install told me they were broadcasting them already so I just assumed he was right, but tonight I got a recording conflict when I tried to setup two hi-def shows at the same time and realized I only had OTA. So when are the Dallas channels going live?

Um, Q2!

If you know you are going to stick with Dish Network for a long time (in it for the long haul) then your best bet is to do the $299 deal and get the $200 back off of your bill for a final cost of $99 but you dont get to own your receiver. Maybe you would be better off just to sell your receiver on eBay for $300-400 then you would have only $300-400 in a receiver that you get to own.

While the $499 622 purchase deal is better than what they were offering before, it is still a poor deal for people who paid $700 for a 942 in the last year. It's only a 28.6% credit and you would end up paying $1200 for a HD DVR within a single year.

I think Dish should offer at least $350, which is half the price people paid for a 942. Even this is not a particularly good deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)