Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome folks...

Almost forgot about it today so we are running behind so lets jump in with both feet! :)

The show opens with Jim and Eric and the first topic is Team Summit in Denver.

They are still talking about Team Summit. I will be in attendance at Team Summit this year and am most looking forward to going to the uplink center.

They will also take folks to the call center and also a tour of Lockhead as well.

More when there is more to report.

Still taking about Team Summit, the announced entertainment so far is The Beach Boys and John Fogerty.

More as they announce it.

Now talking about Portuguise and Pakastani channels willmove off of the superdish locations onto 148 and 61.5. (So for my spelling)

The channels will remain on 121 also for the time being.

They start talking about Echostar 10.

They are moving 54 markets which will be done by April 21, others will move and should be all moved by May 5th.

Dish has launched SportsTime Ohio in AT60+ or higher.
Dish has Launched Sports SportsNet NY AT60+ or higher.

Now talking about MLB Extra Innings package, it is mentioned that select games WILL be shown in High Definition.

Dish Network will show a recap of the Masters Golf event for $2.99 available only on the Dish Video on Demand feature found on the 622 and 625.

ATI Bangla was launched From Bandladesh, $14.99 at 121 location.

New Viva Package which is 3 channels on 121 (Viva TV, NBM Americas & RTN)
If you have AT60 or above its $11.99 a month, or 16.99 a month ala carte which does not include the $6 Dish access fee.

Something Plus a Russian Channel at 61.5 and 148 $7.99 if you have other russian channels without it it's $14.99 a month. It is avalable tommorow.

SPT is up at 61.5 and 148.

They plan on launching HD locals into the following areas in Q2.

Dallas
Houston
Miami
Phoenix
Portland
Sacremento
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco
Seatle
and Spokane

Last edited by a moderator:
Dish has announce a new plan which starts on April 19th so you can buy a 622 and send in your 921 or 942 and get a $200 credit applied to your account!

Dish is experencing a gap in 622's there will be a 2 or 3 week gap when 622's are not available due to production issues and demand.

Dish will let people who want to upgrade more then one HD receiver to do it.

This is effective on the 19th.

The 6000, 811 can be exchanged to a 211
942 and 921 can be exchanged for the 622

After a long talk about the 30 day money back promotion they went into warning the dealers about using telemarketers.

The chat is basically over now, however they will still be staying on and taking questions, if there is anything interesting I will post it here.

Scott Greczkowski said:

dumb queston..Will these be "lease" units or will they be owned by the customer

Scott Greczkowski said:
Do you know if this is only for subs who currently have more than one 921/942 they wish to upgrade? Or does this also include people who already upgraded a 921/942 and would like to lease a 2nd 622?

Scott Greczkowski said:

Fan-tastic.

As to others confusion, I would think this is an addendum to the existing Dish-n-It-Up parameters, just allowing (formally) more than one HD receiver at a time. In other words, same lease/owned price-points and requirements, just multiple rooms (i.e., I have 1 leased 942 and 2 leased 811s, I pay the $299 for the 942 w/ $200 'rebate' on next bill, and $49 per 811--all requiring I send in the old boxes and swapout done via an E*-sanctioned installation [due mainly to requisite dish upgrades, but even if not needed]) That your take, Scott?

Last edited:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Dish has announce a new plan which starts on April 19th so you can buy a 622 and send in your 921 or 942 and get a $200 credit applied to your account!

Dish is experencing a gap in 622's there will be a 2 or 3 week gap when 622's are not available due to production issues and demand.

And what will we be paying to buy a 622????
If it's $699, forget it!!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:

What will be the final cost to me be for both upgrades????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts