Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccvalentino

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
maryland
Guys,

I've got my 1.8m dish up and running. Currently, I can track from 73W to 113W and then it just drops off to nothing. I'm pushing my dish from West to East and have one spacer on, is it possible I need to add a spacer under the actuator bolt that attaches to the polar mount to keep the dish on the arc?

Thanks,
Chris

I dont think that would do anything!I think the arc is alittle off!somemore tweaking may be needed unless there are trees or other things blocking your view beyond what your getting now.

Maybe a few pictures of the mount and dish would shed some light on the situation. a picture is worth a thousand words. Only tracking 40° of the arc suggests declination is off quite a bit. The actuator itself has nothing to do with "staying on the arc". That's left to the polar angle and dish "look" angle. The difference between those angles is the "declination" The actuator only pushes the dish around the polar axis. Here's a pic that shows simplified angles, adjusted when the dish is liiking at the highest point in the arc, Due south. The "Modified Declination" only slightly changes them. Might also check out this page for an expanded explanation: Footprints by Dish Size - Latitude Declination Chart - C/Ku-Band Satellite Listing

Attachments

• polar_mount_pic.jpg
    polar_mount_pic.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 116
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)