Archaic credit card update process

I recently changed banks and use my debit card as the card on auto pay. I had no issues updating my information. There is a quirk in the way my new bank has my name in their system that caused a brief hiccup, but once I matched it up all was well.

I switched it to other and added the new credit card, but could not find a place to delete the old card. Of course I had to wait several days for the current bill to pay before it would allow any changes.

OK, so after the hassle of changing my card's expiration date last evening (the original post on this thread), I received an automated call late this afternoon informing me that my credit card will expire soon and I need to go online or call Dish to update it. I wondering if Dish isn't subcontracting some of their work out to the government....

My account "Auto Payed" on 06/28/12. Since then I have received two auto calls from dish telling me to go and update my credit card exp date which expires 7/12. Twice I have gone to the site to update since I do have my new card, but it won't save changes unless you make a payment. My payment is not due until 7/28. The auto error message tells me I must pay at least $0.01 in order for it to process the payment. There doesn't seem to be a way to update without paying. On any other site I keep a credit card it is a simple matter of logging in and updating the dates. What gives DISH?????

Just update it on 7/27.
...and run the risk of forgetting and having the payment refused.

Or, here's a novel idea...Dish could fix their auto-pay method updating system. Maybe if enough people complain loud enough, they might look into it. It's certainly the only one I've ever seen or heard of that doesn't allow one to update their info without making a payment.

Write a note. Have a valid card. Update on 7/25 instead. Risks are minimized.

Not saying its right, but that's the workaround for their current system.

Most companies I've dealt with charge $1.00 on the credit card to verify it. The charge shows up as pending and is removed before it is actually posted as a transaction. I don't know why Dish doesn't do this. I had to change my credit card a couple of times with Dish. The first time I had to pay the balance and the second time I did not. I didn't pay any attention to where I was in the billing cycle. In the end the overall billings were correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)